Rev2Rev unit 24?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
chillin'inandover

Rev2Rev unit 24?

Post by chillin'inandover » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:54 am

In Rev2Rev unit 24 day 2, it says read page 65-77. Then is says after listening, give a summary oral narration. What were we listening to? This is in the independent reading about history. Am I doing something wrong by having my son read independently? Another box, independent history study does have listen to What in the World cd. Is this what summary oral narration is on?
Tammy
Wife of 32 years
Mom to 4
DD 29 Technical Manager FA, Playwright, Producer, Lighting Designer
DD 28 Master in TESL, Lead ELL teacher 3rd grade
DD 19 AAS welding
DD 16 , WH
Home Educator since 2000 HOD LHTH-US2

FiveLittlePeaches

Re: Rev2Rev unit 24?

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Funny, my kiddo is working on the same day/unit.

Yes, Reading about History is an independent box.

I'm sure there was just a typo in the instructions. Instead of saying, "After listening" it should have said "After reading". On Unit 24/Day 1 your son should have done a write-up based on pages 58-64 from The Growth of the British Empire, so it just makes sense to read pages 65-77 on day 2.

Hope that helps.

chillin'inandover

Post by chillin'inandover » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:48 pm

Thank you fivelittlepeaches, I see that in other units it says the same thing. It is actually throughout the entire guide. It says, "After listening, do a summary oral narration." I just want to make sure I am not missing something.
Tammy
Wife of 32 years
Mom to 4
DD 19 AAS welding
DD 16 , WH

FiveLittlePeaches

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:56 pm

Are we talking about the same thing???????

Your response prompted me to check the guide to see for myself. Just to be clear, I'm only looking at the Reading about History Box.

After paging through the whole manual, I see there is a minor typo on Unit 20/Day 4. The students are told to listen to Thomas Jefferson's America track 11, then it goes on to say...After today's reading, open your student notebook...it should have said after today's listening...

and Unit24/Day 2, the one mentioned previously in this post.

Honestly, I don't think it's that difficult to figure out the meaning of the instructions, though, based on all the previous lessons. It's clearly just a typo.

However, I wrote to be helpful, and I want to make sure we're talking about the same box.

chillin'inandover

Post by chillin'inandover » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:31 pm

It says "After listening..." in unit 22 day 3, unit 24 day 2, unit 26 day 2, and unit 28 day 2. It says after listening on a few other days, but there is an assignment to listen to CD. I was just making sure if this is a typo or if I need to assign something to listen to. Although it isn't a big deal, I just was wondering.
We are not always careful to read through the directions :oops: , but I am trying to "train" my child to be careful. It is difficult if I am confused. Thank you for checking fivelittlepeaches.
Tammy
Wife of 32 years
Mom to 4
DD 19 AAS welding
DD 16 , WH