Preparing Unit 13 Invisible Ink Project

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jer2911mom

Preparing Unit 13 Invisible Ink Project

Post by jer2911mom » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:34 am

Hi,

I did a search and cannot find a thread on this. We tried the invisible ink project and it seems like the water washed the baking soda away or something. A few letters were briefly visible as the water was applied, but it disappeared quickly and we never could read the whole thing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kathy

FiveLittlePeaches

Re: Preparing Unit 13 Invisible Ink Project

Post by FiveLittlePeaches » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Actually, this does work, but you probably need to adjust your expectations. I say that because the first time we attempted this, when my older kiddo's were in the manual, it didn't appear to work either. This year, my dd painted the message, and let it dry thoroughly. As soon as she applied the solution, we watched carefully and the message was revealed. However, within minutes, it's gone. I was thinking the message would remain on the page, but that's not the case. We used a good watercolor brush when she applied the solution, so the quality of the brush might help.

I hope you'll try it again and that you'll have better results this time.

Good luck!

jer2911mom

Re: Preparing Unit 13 Invisible Ink Project

Post by jer2911mom » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:57 am

Ok, thank you! It's good to know not to expect it to stay on the page and to watch quickly for the message or you miss it.

Thanks,
Kathy