# of Hours/Day in Last 2 Guides

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mothermayi?

# of Hours/Day in Last 2 Guides

Post by mothermayi? » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:34 pm

How long will a school day be once the students are using the final two guides?

So far we have WG: up to 6 1/2 hr x 4 days/wk
WH: up to 7 1/2 hr x 4 days/wk

I am curious how long the final guides will take.

Thanks!
~Began HOD Oct. 28, 2013
DS13 (7th) HOD RTR, MUS, DITHR 6/7/8
DS11 (5th) HOD CTC, Singapore & LOF, DITHR 4/5
DD6.5 (1st) MFW 1, Miquon Math, LOF
DD4.5 (PreK4) MFW K

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: # of Hours/Day in Last 2 Guides

Post by Carrie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:49 pm

mothermayi,

The number of hours daily directly corresponds to the number of credit hours being earned in each guide. So, roughly you can expect 7 credit hours to equal a 7 hour day (4 days a week), 6 credit hours to equal a 6 hour day (4 days a week) and so forth. :D This is because normal averages for time spent to earn a credit are based on 5 fifty minutes class periods a week (plus outside homework).

Right now we are looking at the final two high school guides having 6 1/2 credits and 7 credits. Of course, it is up to you how many credits you choose to have your student earn each year by which of our course offerings in each guide you choose to pursue, but our programs are based on a college prepatory track that will prepare students for college entrance requirements. :D

I am noticing that you have many questions right now about the high school guides and that is fine! In order to help you better, and allay any fears or trepidition you may have, it would help us to know how old your student is for whom you are presently considering the high school guides? Also, if you can let us know what HOD guides (if any) this student has done thus far, or what the student has been doing prior, then we could help you place that student better. Once your student is well placed, I think you will feel better about the guides. Each guide truly builds upon the one before, so when a student is well-placed, he/she is better able to complete what the guide offers. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

mothermayi?

Re: # of Hours/Day in Last 2 Guides

Post by mothermayi? » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Thank you for the reply. My oldest is 13, and I ask many questions about the high school guides because I need to know where we are headed before we get there :D .
~Began HOD Oct. 28, 2013
DS13 (7th) HOD RTR, MUS, DITHR 6/7/8
DS11 (5th) HOD CTC, Singapore & LOF, DITHR 4/5
DD6.5 (1st) MFW 1, Miquon Math, LOF
DD4.5 (PreK4) MFW K