List benefits of using HOD in High School

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
4HG

Re: List benefits of using HOD in High School

Post by 4HG » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:35 am

Ladies,

I know that this thread was started a bit ago but as a passionate user of HOD (and a grateful reader of this Board) I just want to say a big "THANK YOU!" for sharing of your encouragements here. Spending time with my daughter during our teaching times (during school time "proper" as well as throughout the rest of the day really) is one of the absolute highlights and blessings of my life and I know that HOD is one of the main reasons why our family gets to have such a truly wonderful educational experience. (Without HOD I was always second-guessing myself with my educational selections for curriculum, etc. With HOD I am confident and at peace with where we are going and with this post even more so!)

What you all have shared here has only encouraged and excited me for the days to come. None of us knows what our great God will allow to come into our lives any given moment but what you all describe here only "fuels the fire" for me to continue on this path that the Lord has led us on...even on the most difficult of days. (On rare occasion I have thought to myself, "Perhaps I should just farm this education piece out to someone else! This is too much!" But after reading your comments here as to the fruit of what Carrie has planned for us and what a true blessing HOD has already been for my daughter and our whole family I realize that I would be missing such great opportunities to influence my child in the things that matter most, that "one thing that is necessary" that Jesus encouraged Martha with in Luke 11, being the most important.

When other homeschoolers ask why we homeschool or query me as to whether we intend to homeschool through high school I now find myself saying, "Yes, by God's grace it is our plan to homeschool through high school with HOD." (And what a plan those high school guides are! :D ) Looking back on my own ps education which by worldly standards I thought was a good one, I feel that with HOD what my daughter will be getting will be FAR superior, for life now and for the one to come. In my mind, if my dd gets even just half of what HOD has scheduled she will be getting twice the education I ever had.

Blessings,
Karen
Karen
"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." La 3:22-23

Wife to Brad
DD (Enjoyed LHTH, K in Christian school, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG)

LovingJesus

Re: List benefits of using HOD in High School

Post by LovingJesus » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:15 am

I love this thread. It has been such a blessing to me to read as well. I am glad you brought it back up Karen. :)