Loving HOD

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jennymommy

Loving HOD

Post by Jennymommy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Last night, my ds in WG commented on how much he is enjoying the science :D We had started the year using a different science curriculum, and it was not going well. We are now working on filling in the gaps we had made in the HOD curriculum, and the days are going so much better already. I wish I had just gone for it instead of letting doubts drag me away. The boards here have been such a help as I get to see how much Carrie has put into this program, and the thought behind each component. Thank you Carrie 8)

Nealewill

Re: Loving HOD

Post by Nealewill » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:30 pm

This is one thing I love about HOD. I feel like I have finally found a curriculum that doesn't actually have gaps! I am also encourage to hear how much you are liking the science.

For me, when I first saw HOD one of the main reasons I considered it was because I loved the science. I have stayed with HOD for so many more reasons than that but I do still love the science :-)
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

jenn in nc

Post by jenn in nc » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:08 am

Jennymommy, I agree! I love HOD for so many reasons but a big one is the fact that I feel like I can relax. So many times if I think of something I want the kids to know or think about or practice, I find that it is already in the guides.

Of course there are the obvious things this doesn't apply to. Driver's ed comes to mind, and with one ds who is about to get his full license and another about to get his permit, I don't even want to TALK about driver's ed. Oy!!

Anyway, HOD is a big part of my recipe for sane mommy-ing. :)
Jenn, mom to 10

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:16 pm

Hooray! :D :D :D I am so glad your son is loving HOD and now the science too! Wyatt really enjoyed the science last year in WG too. I enjoyed it all being laid out and written so he could complete it successfully each day. Having my bases covered and not worrying about gaps helps me sleep better at night - especially now that we have a high school student. I am glad you are reaping those benefits too!!! :D Thank you so much for sharing!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie