How much copying.................

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Christy in Texas

How much copying.................

Post by Christy in Texas » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:24 pm

How much copying in Little Hearts and Bigger will I need to do? Wondering if I should invest in a copier.
Christy, wife to Danny of 14 years, mom to
Brycen 5/7/99
Emily 10/10/02
Hannah 10/10/02

mom2boys030507

Post by mom2boys030507 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:55 pm

Little Hearts little to no copying that I remember. We did just finish but my memory can be spotty:)

In Bigger, which we haven't done yet, I believe you may want to copy the poetry. Other then that I don't think there is any copying.

Karen
Karen - mom to Bryce 02/03, Micah 03/05, and Matthew 05/07

BusyBeez

Post by BusyBeez » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:28 am

I'm sure everyone's needs are a little different, but one of the best purchases we made related to our home school has been our copier/scanner/printer. We have used it over and over for not only school-related copying, but household copies as well.

It was inconvenient (for me) to have to go to the copy shop and make our copies for a week or two weeks. If I had overlooked anything, then I had to do without necessary items. Having my own copier has saved me a lot of hassles and time.
~Ellen~ blessed wife of John and happy mom to five wonderful arrows
dd 19, ds 17, dd 15, ds 2, ds 2

joyfulheart

Post by joyfulheart » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:31 am

In bigger, there are a few poems that you have the kids circle patterns, or cut up the poem and have them arrange in order.

I'm lazy, I just retyped the poem and printed it out and let the kids to it that way.

Not enough copying for me to be willing to drag the kids out to the copy place, or buy a copier though.

gingel

copy

Post by gingel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:07 am

This isn't an answer to your question, but sometimes when I forget to copy something, we use a top loading plastic page protecter that I have cut the sides out of and lay it over the page I want my dd to do. My dd then uses a dry-erase marker on it. It helps to clip the page at the top, too, so it doesn't slide around. I have a friend who rips the page out and just puts it in the page protecter, but I have difficulty keeping track of pages that I've ripped out :)
~Gingel

First time user of DITHOR and BLHFHG with 7yo DD
LHFH with 4yo DS