IPC lab work?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momxnine

IPC lab work?

Post by momxnine » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:09 pm

So I bought the IPC books and lab kit to do Physics w/my 16 year old. But I didn't buy the WG guide.... I'm wondering if I am going to need it. I hated to buy it *just* for the IPC stuff since we're not doing anything else in the guide, but I have no clue how to figure out the lab work. Any thoughts from anyone who's done this science?
Vicki in SW. MO.
Mom of 9 (ages 14 - 35) and Grammy to 7
14 ds - Finished CTC, RTR and Rev To Rev; MTMM - Fall of 2016

my3sons

Re: IPC lab work?

Post by my3sons » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:59 pm

All I can say is "I" would need it. :D Carrie spent forever putting that together, so that everything connected and coincided together, and so one day didn't go super long compared to another. The labs don't fit nicely and neatly with the rest of the science on their own, but Carrie took the time to make it all work so smoothly. There is no way I would have done that science last year without the WG guide. BUT, I don't have the time nor the desire to try to do what Carrie did to put it together. For me, even if the IPC/Lab was the ONLY thing I was doing from the WG guide, I would buy it. However, you will know how you feel about it!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

momxnine

Post by momxnine » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks, Julie! Yep, I'm the same way. I looked at those IPC pacs, then I looked at the Science kit and thought, "There is NO way I can figure this out!" So I ordered the guide this morning. :D I wish I would have ordered it last week when I ordered everything else, I could have saved $10 on shipping! :D

He's also going to do the logic course & the Spanish book, so I can use it for that too and not have to figure that part out either. :)
Vicki in SW. MO.

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:58 pm

Do you need the guide next year anyway? If so, HOD graciously works with you next year on the package price, giving you credit for previously purchasing the guide. I am not exactly sure how it works, but I would give them a call.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

momxnine

Post by momxnine » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:54 am

Thanks for the info, Melissa! I'll ask, but I don't need it for a couple more years. My 13 year old is just on RTR this year. But maybe they'll still work with me if I can come up with the $$$ to go ahead and get the whole package. Need to start watering that money tree in our yard.... ;)
Vicki in SW. MO.