Bigger Week 11 Day 3 Website?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Samuel'sMommy

Bigger Week 11 Day 3 Website?

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:02 pm

We are on Week 11 Day 3 of Bigger and for science today we were supposed to visit a birding website to learn about the thrush. The website listed is not about birds and I did a search on that site to see if maybe they had the info we were looking for and couldn't find it. Is the website still correct? The book lists www.birding.com
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

bethelmommy

Re: Bigger Week 11 Day 3 Website?

Post by bethelmommy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Bumping since I would like to know as well. We will be on Week 11 Day 3 on Friday.
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)

3greatkids

Post by 3greatkids » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:08 pm

When I did Bigger with my son last year, that particular site worked wonderfully. I am currently doing Biiger with my twin girls and the link took us to some irrelevant site. I just googled the bird by name and was able to find a site that had player with their respective "calls".
Happy To Be Homeschooling In Maine

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:43 am

I did exactly what 3greatkids did. I googled thrush calls and was able to listen to them that way as well.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

MomtoJGJE

Post by MomtoJGJE » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:58 am

yeah It didn't work for us this time either. I just googled thrush and got to some page that had pictures and a bunch of different types of calls. I don't remember it not working in the past, but it's been a couple of years.

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:47 pm

Thanks everyone! I ended up just googling.
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:28 pm

We will make a note of this, but I wanted to share that in the later guides HOD often recommends using enature.com. We have almost always been able to find what we need there, and go there often just for fun when we are stumped about a bird or insect or plant or tree outside our window! HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks for the site recommendation. I just checked it out and have book marked it. That will come in handy for many years :-)

My oldest just finished up the bird book with CTC and we had a lot of fun looking into information about local birds for her notebooking assignments. The one that stumped us the most though - and this site would have helped tremendously - was to choose 2 birds that migrate from your area. Uhm.......my brain must have fallen out of my head because I came up totally blank LOL. It took DH and me about 15-20 minutes of search and searching to come up with something reputable.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:12 pm

Nealewill wrote:Thanks for the site recommendation. I just checked it out and have book marked it. That will come in handy for many years :-)

My oldest just finished up the bird book with CTC and we had a lot of fun looking into information about local birds for her notebooking assignments. The one that stumped us the most though - and this site would have helped tremendously - was to choose 2 birds that migrate from your area. Uhm.......my brain must have fallen out of my head because I came up totally blank LOL. It took DH and me about 15-20 minutes of search and searching to come up with something reputable.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie