Any shipping discounts/sales??

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
momof3kids

Any shipping discounts/sales??

Post by momof3kids » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi all!
I was just looking at the convention schedule for this year, and so sad to see HOD will not be at my convention in NC this year :( since this is usually when i buy the majority of our materials. Just wondering if there is any kind of sale or discounts on shipping offered since I will have to be ordering our materials this year??
Thanks so much, hope everyone is doing well!
Married almost 13yr..dh and great father
5 blessings from God, 1 in heaven
9 yo ds- Preparing DITHOR
8 yo ds- Bigger
5 yo dd- Jut starting Little Hearts half speed
Baby boy born September 2014, now 2yo

Nealewill

Re: Any shipping discounts/sales??

Post by Nealewill » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:28 pm

I believe HOD has offers a discount for missionaries and service men/women. Also, they give free shipping on all orders over $400.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

Mumkins

Post by Mumkins » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:22 am

Shipping with HOD is very reasonable within the US. Here's a link. http://www.heartofdakota.com/faqs.php#Q: How are your shipping costs calculated
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

Homeschooling6

Post by Homeschooling6 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:17 am

If you are ordering almost a whole package you get free shipping. I can't remember the amount but at a certain point it's free.
Linda
ds16~WG and now WH
dd.15~RtR, MTMM, and now WG
ds.14~ PH, CTC, and now MtMM
ds.13~ PH, CTC, and now Rev2Rev
ds.11 ~Bigger, and now CtC
ds.10 ~ Preparing

http://www.homeschooling6.com

MomtoJGJE

Post by MomtoJGJE » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:47 am

The most shipping would be is 20 dollars. Once you get up to 300 dollars worth of items it goes down to 10 dollars of shipping, and then 400 or more is free shipping. If you are buying a whole curriculum once you get past Bigger it is enough to get free shipping... Bigger is pretty close to free.

Generally my orders are one whole curriculum and then the workbooks for the younger kids.

So if I find I need to get just the workbooks for someone before I'm going to need the next level for my oldest I will go ahead and order the next level because I'll need it eventually, generally not too far behind my youngers.