ot can anyone give me some examples of your school name?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jensmom

Re: ot can anyone give me some examples of your school name?

Post by jensmom » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:11 pm

We are WAVE Academy. WAVE stands for "Want A Vacation Everyday"...seriously. But I am also a huge fan of the ocean so I really like the name. :lol:

Judy
dd 6 BLHFHG
2nd year HODie/homeschooler - Using Bigger for 2nd grade
dd - 7 - June '02
Metro Atlanta

j_croche

Post by j_croche » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:35 pm

We live in Louisiana and have a French heritage. My mom actually learned to speak English at school. We thought of a french name for our school: Les Jeunes E'Tudiants Christian Academy (The Young Students)
Jenni
Jenni, Mom to a handful of blessings
Ds19 College
Ds18 Highschool Grad
DD15 Homeschool
Ds12 Homeschool
Ds09 Homeschool

mamaof3peas

Post by mamaof3peas » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:19 pm

well ours is MTS academy, the mts is for my 3 dc first initials, just thought it would be easy to remember, but now im jealous of all the creative names :( but i never thought of having a mascot or colors. maybe we could be the wildcats, we have 2 cats :?: or the tigers, cause one is black and one is orange. the town we just moved 30 miles is from has the tigers as a mascot, and our whole family is from their so it would be easy for my kids cause they could say they root for the tigers! :lol:

funkmomma71

Post by funkmomma71 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:26 am

I let my dd pick our school name and almost regretted it! At first she just strung a bunch of animal and plant names together such as, blueberry red bird tree hill! :roll: So I started to guide the process and she finally settled on Coyote Mountain Kindergarten. She didn't want to call it "school" because it's NOT school, it's HOMESCHOOL, so there! Next year she said we can call it Coyote Mountain First Grade! :wink: Thankfully, my ds will probably like that name also.
Nancy
Mommy and teacher to
Dd 12 and DS 8
Doing MTMM & Preparing 2016-2017

Mom2Monkeys

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:54 am

Ours is Deus Primoris Academy. Deus Primoris is Latin for "God First". We are Charlotte Mason AND fairly Classical around here and started our Latin studies this year. In Arkansas, we don't have to have a name, but I got tired of Barnes and Noble asking what school I teach at. It was just fun to come up with a creative name for our school which previously was (last name) Christian Home School just for our desktop wallpaper. LOL

If you have something particular you like for a name and want to change it to latin, there are some great translating sites to do so. One is http://www.tranexp.com:2000/Translate/result.shtml
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

Christy in Texas

Post by Christy in Texas » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:27 am

Ours is the Gonzales Adventure Academy.
Christy, wife to Danny of 14 years, mom to
Brycen 5/7/99
Emily 10/10/02
Hannah 10/10/02

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:45 am

If you have something particular you like for a name and want to change it to latin, there are some great translating sites to do so. One is http://www.tranexp.com:2000/Translate/result.shtml
ours would be "sanctus pectus pectoris academy"! :lol: :lol: i think i'll stick to holy heart academy. :wink: (forgive all the lowercase, i'm nursing).

great names!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:41 pm

mamaof3peas wrote:well ours is MTS academy, the mts is for my 3 dc first initials, just thought it would be easy to remember, but now im jealous of all the creative names :( but i never thought of having a mascot or colors. maybe we could be the wildcats, we have 2 cats :?: or the tigers, cause one is black and one is orange. the town we just moved 30 miles is from has the tigers as a mascot, and our whole family is from their so it would be easy for my kids cause they could say they root for the tigers! :lol:
This is what we did too. So ours is K.A.L. Academy.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Ours is Full Armor of God Academy. I wanted something that I felt like we could have all the way through high school and would look somewhat official on transcripts. But I also liked that really every year we will be studying and learning how to out on the full armor of God. :D HTH
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Benelli

Post by Benelli » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:50 pm

Ours is Steps to Wisdom Homeschool Academy, because that is what I'm striving for... to teach and lead my children to have Godly wisdom above all things, step by step.
Lisa, Mama to 7 -

PHFHG with Ben (9) and Ellie (11) with extensions
BLHFHG half-speed with Sophie (8) and Anthony (7) with Emerging Readers and Draw*Write*Now
LHFHG with Thomas (7) and Nicholas (5) with Emerging Readers
and Lily Jane (2) tagging along