Vocabulary

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Charika30

Vocabulary

Post by Charika30 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi again! :) Last question (I think). I am just curious about something else. I've noticed that there is a vocabulary box one day each week in Preparing (not only for increasing vocabulary, but also to teach children dictionary skills), but no Vocab box in CTC? Is there a reason I am missing? Should I add/include that skill practice in CTC? We r only on Unit 2 right now... Thx again in advance!

Nealewill

Re: Vocabulary

Post by Nealewill » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:56 pm

They do vocabulary as part of the science. I would not add it in for CTC. Once you get to R2R, I think vocab is part of the writing curriculum and is completed more similarly to the way it was done in Preparing. In addition, if you do want your child to continue on with vocabulary, you could always have your child complete a weekly vocab activity as part of DITHOR.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

Charika30

Re: Vocabulary

Post by Charika30 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Oh Ok, Great! Thanks, Daneale! :)