Just Got My Order - Have a Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
bamamomof2

Just Got My Order - Have a Question

Post by bamamomof2 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:26 pm

I just got my order and WOW what fast shipping - I placed my order late Tuesday night and got it today!!!

I ordered the BHFHG and I think it's wonderful - can't wait to start using it. I'll be using it with my 10 yo son but I'm wondering if it'll be too much for my daughter who will turn 7 next month - so I was thinking about getting the Beyond program for her. My question is how hard is it to do two programs? Are any of you doing more than one program and how do you do it?

Thanks for any advice.
Mary Ann

netpea

Post by netpea » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:46 pm

Check out this thread... :D

joyfulheart

Post by joyfulheart » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:20 pm

Have you looked at the placement chart? That is VERY accurate and I totally trust that chart! LOL

I have both Bigger and Beyond and just love them both. My 6 1/2 son is a perfect match for the beyond-- especially the history that is really awesome. The history in Bigger is written in a manner that really takes some getting used to. It's good, but definately something my 6 1/2 year old really doesn't quite "get" yet.

There's alot my 6 1/2 son CAN do in Bigger and we often combine on those things... The science, the math (he's a math addict! LOL), everything that I can read out loud, etc...

I do both kids -- 1 on Bigger and 1 on Beyond-- in 3 hours. That includes doing some extra dyslexia intervention stuff too.

But the Beyond history he just soaks up and loves!

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:25 pm

Lee Ann...you forgot the link..... :lol:

Here are some but there are MANY more...as I think this is probably the most commonly asked question on this board. :D

http://www.heartofdakota.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1370

http://www.heartofdakota.com/board/view ... =combining
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

MamaMary

Re: Just Got My Order - Have a Question

Post by MamaMary » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:14 pm

bamamomof2 wrote:I just got my order and WOW what fast shipping - I placed my order late Tuesday night and got it today!!!

I ordered the BHFHG and I think it's wonderful - can't wait to start using it. I'll be using it with my 10 yo son but I'm wondering if it'll be too much for my daughter who will turn 7 next month - so I was thinking about getting the Beyond program for her. My question is how hard is it to do two programs? Are any of you doing more than one program and how do you do it?

Thanks for any advice.
Mary Ann
Mary Ann,

I did that very thing. I was using Bigger w/ my 12 and 8 year old boys and it was too much for my 8 year old son so we bought Beyond. It is very easy to use two programs. And if you knew me you would know that I have always shouted from the rooftops that I would not do two programs.., to keep it simple. However, HOD truly makes it simple to do two programs! We LOVE it!

PS- I ended up liking Beyond so much I switched both boys to beyond (12 year old has LD's) and I'm using Little Hands with my 6 year old son.

Mary
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:53 pm

Yeah! So excited you got your order. Isn't it fun! :D Lot's of us do more than one program. I think Carrie does three and writes for us. :lol: But lot's of us do two and it is really very doable. I know you already got the links to the other threads but just wanted to celebrate with you and assure you that if you children fit into two then you will still be sitting pretty. :lol:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

bamamomof2

Post by bamamomof2 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:59 pm

Thank you all so much for your advice on doing more than one program. I'm going to go ahead and get Beyond for my daughter. :D

Mary Ann

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:00 pm

:D I'm sure you'll love it!
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

netpea

Post by netpea » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:14 pm

holyhart wrote:Lee Ann...you forgot the link..... :lol:

Here are some but there are MANY more...as I think this is probably the most commonly asked question on this board. :D

http://www.heartofdakota.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1370

http://www.heartofdakota.com/board/view ... =combining
Thanks Kelly, you must have read my mind, because that's the link I was going to post.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:10 pm

Mary Ann,

The ladies on this board are doing such a great job of answering your questions. I just wanted to chime in and agree that your little honey would be on the young side of "Bigger.." and so "Beyond..." would probably fit great. We do write our guides knowing that families will need to be able to use more than one of our programs at once. At our house, this past year, we were doing "Bigger", "Little Hearts", "Drawn into the Heart", and had my oldest son in his own separate program. We also have a 2 year old running around. So, I can assure you that you can use more than one of our programs and that it works well, while still allowing you time to live your life! :D

If you have other questions, ask away. We're glad to help!

Blessings,
Carrie