English mix up

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
acts29stl

English mix up

Post by acts29stl » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:36 pm

I started rev2rev with my older two children this year. We are on unit 15 and have been doing Rod and Staff English 6 half pace. A couple of days ago my friend informed me that I should be doing English 5. Somehow I completely missed English 5 :shock: I don't know how it happened but we did English 4 last year and I ordered English 6 for this year. We have been doing well with English 6 so far and didn't even realize the mix up, but what should I do???? Stop and go back to English 5??? (I hate being so far behind though) Or do I just continue with English 6??? We've done HOD since LHTH and Rod and Staff the whole time as well. Thanks for any help.
Psalm 27:4 "One thing I desire of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may behold the beauty of the Lord and meditate in His temple."
ds(13)& dd(12) MTMM, DITHOR
ds(10) CTC, DITHOR
ds(9) PHFHG, DITHOR
ds(7) LHFHG
dd(5) LHTH
dd(4) LHTH
dd(2)
dd(10-3-15)

8arrows

Re: English mix up

Post by 8arrows » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:29 pm

If you are 15 week in and doing well, I would just keep going!
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:08 pm

My vote is to keep moving forward with English 6 also :-)
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

acts29stl

Post by acts29stl » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:23 pm

ok, thanks :D
Psalm 27:4 "One thing I desire of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may behold the beauty of the Lord and meditate in His temple."
ds(10) CTC, DITHOR
ds(9) PHFHG, DITHOR
ds(7) LHFHG
dd(5) LHTH
dd(4) LHTH
dd(2)
dd(10-3-15)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:57 pm

I can see how this could happen! :D I did this with Wyatt in math one year. I ordered the A and B textbook/workbooks, and he was on a B then A schedule. I thought "WOW! This math got h-a-r-d fast!" :lol: Then, I realized we'd missed the B level. I can't even remember what level it was, so this will soon be a distant memory for you too! :wink: I did have him go back to do the earlier B level of math, but then math is more that way. Usually R & S English 5 is a pretty foundational year, however, I do think since they are both doing well, you could probably just keep going! Maybe just make sure the 11 yo is doing alright moving forward - she'd probably be the one more likely needing to move down to R & S English 5. Good to hear from you - hope your newest little one is doing well!!! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

acts29stl

Post by acts29stl » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Julie! I think it helps that English 6 is only half paced too. I feel better knowing that it is "ok" to continue :wink:

I check the board periodically but don't jump on often because I do have a full schedule!! The newest little one is doing great and is much enjoyed by all! She gets plenty of hugs and kisses :D HOD has been going incredibly well this year :D My day is full but runs smoothly and the kiddos enjoy school. Rev2Rev has been so fun and we have really enjoyed the read-a-louds. The other manuals are like familiar friends, having already gone through them once or twice :D So thankful for HOD!
ds(10) CTC, DITHOR
ds(9) PHFHG, DITHOR
ds(7) LHFHG
dd(5) LHTH
dd(4) LHTH
dd(2)
dd(10-3-15)