point me to: schedule with RTR and Bigger

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
LivinNandByHim

point me to: schedule with RTR and Bigger

Post by LivinNandByHim » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:04 am

Any threads, suggestions re: schedule, managing the teacher involved work / independent work with these two guides. Haven't found our groove yet. ;-)
Last edited by LivinNandByHim on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

StephanieU

Re: point me to: schedule with RED and Bigger

Post by StephanieU » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:27 am

Here is a post with times per box. I am assuming by red you are referring to LHFHG. If so, those guides aren't really independent at all. There are a few things that are semi independent (some of the math and handwriting/copywork mostly), but otherwise it is parent directed until Preparing. Preparing is where the guides purposefully begin to introduce truly independent work.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

LivinNandByHim

Re: point me to: schedule with RTR and Bigger

Post by LivinNandByHim » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:06 am

Corrected. RTR and Bigger Hearts. So sorry. Thought I checked spelling well enough. Auto spell got me again. :?

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

MomtoJGJE

Post by MomtoJGJE » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:59 am

What I do is pretty basic... I go over the RTR (or any guide Preparing and up actually) semi-independent stuff (like teaching math, etc) so that that child can go off in the semi quiet and do all their independent work that I need to check (narrations, math, oral grammar, etc). While they are doing their independent work I do school with Bigger child until they can go do all the rest independently (cursive, math workbook, vocabulary), then I check the RTR child's work and go over anything that I need to go over that they need to correct and off they go again to finish their day. At that point I make sure Bigger child was able to do everything, go over mistakes, and call it a day for me ;)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:48 pm

I'd be glad to share my schedule from years past for RTR, BHFHG, and LHTH! :D

Teaching multiple guides is very doable with HOD if everyone is placed properly, but here are the best tips I've found through the years...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10203&p=74358
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11724&p=85112

Be sure to give yourself GRACE! :D As moms, we are super busy, and life can be overwhelming. Give yourself time to establish some routines and then stick to them. Training... training... training dc to properly do their work saves TIME in the end. I hope some things can help here! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie