It's going to be Heart of Dakota!!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Proverbs4:23

It's going to be Heart of Dakota!!!!

Post by Proverbs4:23 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:40 pm

I've been agonizing over choices for next year and after weighing as many options as I can get my hands on. . .I believe that LHFHG is the best choice for us!!!!

Part of my problem has been trying to plan the next 12 years and trying to make it all work. . . ."I have 3 kids. . .can I successfully carry out 3 programs in 5 years once my baby in ready to start school too. . .what about when I have more children. . .what will i do THEN!!!". . . .I think its safe to say I need to focus on one year at a time. . .and this year LHFHG is perfect for us!!!! I toyed with the idea of just trying to combine some resources on my own but realize that I lack the follow through without a layed out plan! Anyone else like this? And. . .I didn't want to be tied down to a library. . .or fork out $1,000 dollars that I don't have. . .AND HOD is centered around the Word of God. When it's said and done. . .the discipleship of my children is what it's all about. . .

All I need is the final stamp of approval from dh. . .he's a drill sergeant. . .so it might be a few days before I get to talk to him. LOL

Just wanted to share :D
mommy to ds 02, dd 04, and ds 08!

soniatolson

Re: It's going to be Heart of Dakota!!!!

Post by soniatolson » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:27 pm

. . .the discipleship of my children is what it's all about. . .

I SOOOOO agree with you and that is what has me so excited about HOD.
Also, let me say on behalf of me and my family we really appreciate the sacrifice you and your family have made to secure our freedoms in this country. You are our heros! May God Bless your family richly, both in the world and the next!
Sonia Tolson
"Suffer not the little children to come unto me."

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:29 pm

yay!! more HODies!! :lol:

I do the same thing, try to plan too far into the future. DH has been know to tell me (on more then one occasion! :oops: ) "But what about today, dear?"
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:54 pm

I toyed with the idea of just trying to combine some resources on my own but realize that I lack the follow through without a layed out plan! Anyone else like this?

Um? Yes! I thought the same thing because I have so much 'stuff' but I know HOD is perfect for us and it is best that we have a plan already laid out to follow! I'm working now, this summer, on reducing all that 'stuff'. :wink:

JennyBenny

Post by JennyBenny » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:25 pm

Glad to have you here! I know what you mean about needing a laid out plan. I too need a little structure to go along with the fun & flexibility. :wink: Oh, and about the planning, I have a tentative schedule that goes all the way through high school--even for my 5 year old! :lol:
~Jennifer
Married to awesome dh since 1997
Mom to 3 wonderful children- ages 16, 7, & 5
DITHOR-beginning in Aug. 2008

Proverbs4:23

Post by Proverbs4:23 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's a little crazy with the planning. :)
mommy to ds 02, dd 04, and ds 08!

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:48 am

I have a tentative schedule that goes all the way through high school--even for my 5 year old!
Sadly, my son is only 3 and I have a tentative schedule through high school as well. I think I might be a little OCD :lol:
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Jessi

Post by Jessi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:32 pm

WOW! :shock: Some of you ladies are so diligently planning through high school for each of your children. God bless you ladies. Your kids are blessed.

Mine, however.....well let's use this analogy when discussing how I am planning homeschool through high school.

I am more of the "roller coaster" planner in regards to what I want. I eye the coaster trying to work up the nerve to ride it. Either I chicken out or I jump headlong in. So, I get in white knuckles and all. They slam the restraint around my shoulders, a proverbial prison sentence, and then for 30 pulse pounding seconds I scream bloody murder until the ride comes to a complete and frenzied stop. And as I wobble away, I tell myself that it was a blast, even if I can't remember much but the way all the blood drained from my face.

Just kidding!! :wink: I am just not uber organized......my poor children.
Jessi
~~~~~~~~~
Wife to Brad for 10 years
Emma- 7 Beyond, DITHOR,
Logan- 4.5 LHTH, R & S workbooks
www.ourmodernmemories.blogspot.com - personal blog
www.modernmemoryfilms.com - our wedding videography site

netpea

Post by netpea » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:27 am

I have no official plan. We're just working our way through Carrie's programs, one year at a time.
:D

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:54 am

Brian's Brynn,

I just wanted to welcome you to the board and to the HOD family. We pray you'll be blessed by Little Hearts... and that your sweet kiddos will be drawn closer to the Lord because of it. :D

One of the wonderful things about HOD is that women from all personality types can easily use what we have to offer. So, whether you're a planner or a fly-by-the-seat of your pants teacher, HOD can work well for your family.

I am an over-planner to the hilt, but I love change and so I have tendancies of flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants! I can relate to both! :lol:

Blessings,
Carrie