LHFHG Science Question

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
nena3927

LHFHG Science Question

Post by nena3927 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:49 pm

In LHFHG Science, are you supposed to do the hands on activity listed in the TM AND the ones listed in the Science book? For instance, today Carrie had a hands on activity with cotton balls, then when we read in the book there was also another activity involving cotton balls. We did both because my children wanted to and it was pretty quick but if we are just supposed to use the guide and not the ones in the science book then I'm all for that. I like getting done in a fairly quick amount of time without adding any extras that we are not supposed to. Thanks!
~Nena
Blessed Wife and Mother of 3 :)
DS (7) Beyond
DD (5) Beyond
DS (4) Loving R&S Preschool Workbooks

StephanieU

Re: LHFHG Science Question

Post by StephanieU » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:03 pm

What you did is fine. Doing the ones in the guide is what is planned, but it is okay to add the ones in the book as well.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:09 pm

StephanieU answered well already! I'll just share that we just did the experiments Carrie written in the LHFHG teacher's guide's plans, and I thought we had a wonderful time doing science in LHFHG! :D So, you don't need to also do the ones in the science book, but you certainly can if you want. HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

nena3927

Post by nena3927 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:09 pm

Thank you very much ladies! That's just what I needed to know :)
~Nena
Blessed Wife and Mother of 3 :)
DS (7) Beyond
DD (5) Beyond
DS (4) Loving R&S Preschool Workbooks