First day of Bigger Hearts!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
raindrops

First day of Bigger Hearts!

Post by raindrops » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:16 pm

And we loved it! Everything went smoothly. Beyond prepared him well. He remembered the "Tower of Babel" game from Little Hearts and applied it to the Rod and Staff grammar on his
own. When i said an incomplete thought he would say, "babbel"?

You can't ask for better when they have fun with grammar, I guess!

And math was a breeze. He made the poetry connections before i got a chance to ask the questions about time of day and what breathing of the sea might mean.

History went well too. Didn't seem to have trouble with eggleston.

YAY!

He is most thrilled with the daily science and notebooking.
9 yr old boy in Preparing
6 yr old girl loving all things LHFHG

bethelmommy

Re: First day of Bigger Hearts!

Post by bethelmommy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:32 pm

So glad you had a great first day :D
We are looking forward to starting Bigger next month!
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:01 pm

It is just so much fun to see them excited about learning and when you first day goes well!

Blessings on many more wonderful days of homeschooling to come!
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:34 pm

Glad your first day went well! My son LOVES seashore small square book. I busted him with the book recently reading ahead LOL.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

mommymoles

Post by mommymoles » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:00 pm

Happy to hear your first day went so well. Gives me hope that I made the right decision to give HOD a try, it has always scared me a little when looking into it. This will be our first year using it and we will be going through Bigger Hearts I am still a little nervous making so many changes but I am praying that this curriculum will be perfect for our family and we can stick with it all the way through.

Salena
DD 8 Bigger
DD 6 Bigger
DS 4 just playing

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:27 pm

mommymoles - last year was my first year with HOD and it was seriously the best year I have ever had with homeschooling. I do hope you like it too :-)
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

mommymoles

Post by mommymoles » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Thank you very much. :D

Salena
DD 8 Bigger
DD 6 Bigger
DS 4 just playing

raindrops

Post by raindrops » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:08 am

We are planning on actually going to the seashore sometime soon. I hope we find lots of things we read about that he can find and identify. We will bri g the small square book and his notebooking journal too. Also will go to the aquarium. For sure will see stuff there! We did this when i was in public school but of course we got rushed and funneled through as a large group. I plan to let him take his time and really explore. He loves to talk to the people who work at whereever we visit too. They always seem surprised when they find
out he is homeschooled
LOL. The mindset that homeschoolers are shy and unsocialized prevails... right up until they actually meet one.

He drew a most adorable picture of the boat during high and low tide with the cutest sea gull. I will treaure this science journal because on his own he doesnt draw.

I forgot to mention how much he loves the cheerful cursive! Good pick, Carrie!
9 yr old boy in Preparing
6 yr old girl loving all things LHFHG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:21 pm

Hooray, raindrops! :D :D :D This was just such fun to read and an encouragement as we begin to make preparations to begin our school year too! Thanks for sharing, and you have many happy days ahead of you with Bigger Hearts this year!!! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie