First Day of School!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Samuel'sMommy

First Day of School!

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:31 pm

Today was our first day back to school. We finished up last year in the first week of June so we've had about 6 weeks off. DS is in 4th grade doing Bigger Hearts. We are doing the guide as written with the exception of using Saxon Math because it's what we've used since Kindergarten and I'm too big of a chicken to switch at this point - I'm afraid we will miss things and have gaps. Anyway, we are also using the extensions as extra read-alouds because he loves books. However if our days get too long I will drop them. Today was a great first day! He enjoyed everything we did and I am super excited to get back in the routine of school. I don't do well on long breaks. :D
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

momtofive

Re: First Day of School!

Post by momtofive » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Congratulations on a great start!!! :D
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:22 pm

I am so glad for you. We are headed out camping soon and when we get back, we will be jumping back into the routine as well.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:27 pm

Hooray for a fun first day! I find it fun and exciting to start up again, especially in a new guide. We started up again in old guides, we had a really good first week, a little more bummer of a 2nd week, and are now going through our 3rd week and it's going well so far. As far as I can tell. I think it's great to be back into the routine of school and I love watching my children learn and grow!
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:27 pm

HOORAY! :D :D :D I'm so glad you and Samuel had a super start, and I pray you have a wonderful year in BHFHG together! Thank you for sharing here and encouraging others as they begin or look toward beginning their new school year. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie