KJV Memory Verse Songs for LHFHG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
nena3927

KJV Memory Verse Songs for LHFHG

Post by nena3927 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:39 am

Has anyone been able to find a KJV CD with songs that match the memory verses in LHFHG? I've searched some of the past threads but it doesn't look like there has been anyone to find a close match. We use the KJV and I think it would be confusing to have them learn their verse in KJV and then sing a song to another version. I'm sure we can just skip the CD as my dc had no problem memorizing the verses in LHTH in KJV without music to go along with it. It just would be so much more fun though to have a song to help! Thanks!
~Nena
Blessed Wife and Mother of 3 :)
DS (7) Beyond
DD (5) Beyond
DS (4) Loving R&S Preschool Workbooks

StephanieU

Re: KJV Memory Verse Songs for LHFHG

Post by StephanieU » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:18 am

I was able to find some on one of two places. First, I check Spodify. AWANA songs are there as well as the Dee Pruett ones. The Dee Pruett ones are free on their website, so I have 0 issues using those. AWANA lets Spodify use their things, so I don't mind getting them free that way. There is also FreeBibleMusic. Abigail Miller and Buddy Davis both are mostly KJV, so I look there for many of the songs. Kirk Gable also has some that are KJV. But, since we do AWANA and a verse for Sunday school each week, I didn't stress about memorizing the LHFHG verses. We made sure to talk about the key points, etc from the box, but we didn't spend a lot of time memorizing the verses.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

nena3927

Post by nena3927 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Thank you very much! I'll have to check those sites out!
~Nena
Blessed Wife and Mother of 3 :)
DS (7) Beyond
DD (5) Beyond
DS (4) Loving R&S Preschool Workbooks

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:37 pm

My kids do the AWANA versus in KJV as well. We basically don't worry to much about memorizing the verse with CD specifically.

But we do enjoy all the songs and they are very playful - especially for LHFHG and BLHFHG. My kids have done AWANA starting in Cubbies and my oldest is in T&T. She will be completing the Ultimate Challenge Book 1 next year - grade 5 book - so I am fairly familiar with all the verses they cover. We haven't had any trouble at all having the CD and it not matching up to the KJV. Little and Beyond - both of those have the playful songs. For me - those were excellent for character building. With Bigger, it is hymns so that was a problem either. In Preparing, they do the songs in the KJV. For CTC and R2R, the songs cover Philippians Chapter 2 and then 1 but both are completed in the NIV. Because we actually read our bibles in the NIrV, I plan to have the kids memorize Philippians in the NIV. We do not plan to move forward with Trek at all so I am just going to continue on with the recommendations for HOD.

I find that if we have a verse scheduled that my kids have already memorized, then usually I just read it in the KJV. It so much more fun for them this way because they are always excited to recognize that verse and cover it again. But we read our bibles in the NIV and my kids each have an NIrV that they read easily to themselves. So I think by CTC, I personally am kind of glad we will be learning things in the NIV. It will help it become more familiar to them as they get older and begin reading their NIV bibles.
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM