Please be a part of the MTMM Photobook!!!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
my3sons

Please be a part of the MTMM Photobook!!!

Post by my3sons » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Good morning, ladies! :D Over the years, photobooks complete with comments and photos have been made for all of HOD's core programs. We have had SO MANY positive comments about these at book fairs! Families really felt it helped them be able to picture HOD in their own homes, as well as get a snapshot of different HOD guides. Thanks to all who have helped through the years! I have also tried to share the photobooks online at a Shutterfly share site, but Shutterfly made many of their previous templates (those I used in some photobooks) obsolete. I have been working with Shutterfly to convert them online, but it is a lengthy process. I can still order a printed copy of the original photobooks; they just have to be converted to be seen on the share site.

It is now time to begin putting together an MTMM photobook. Two things are needed: pictures and positive comments. :D Could you please email me pics of your dc doing your favorite HOD things from MTMM? (projects, activities, whatever you think captures the joy of HOD). I'd like to have MTMM well represented with pictures and positive comments, so send as many pics as your heart leads you to. Children's names are NOT included with pictures. You don't need to have comments for each picture, though you can label them (if it's easy to do) with a short phrase. I want to stress this is NOT necessary though - just the pictures are fine too. :D

Please include this information with your comments: your first name, city, and state, and 3 or more sentences telling why you love HOD. You can send several different sets of comments to be included if you would like.

Please email the pictures and comments to both Mike and me (so I am doubly sure to receive them, as my computer email has been known to be picky :wink: ):
rjgrosz@icloud.com
carmikeaustin@msn.com

If you already have a blog with MTMM pics on it, you can just email me your blog link and I can try to take them right off there.

If you are unsure how to email photos, and would rather share photos in an HOD post but are wondering how to upload them, just do the following:
1. Go to http://www.photobucket.com
2. Sign up for a free account.
3. Upload pics from your computer.
4. Check the boxes next to the pics you want to use.
5. At the bottom of the screen, click on "generate HTML and IMG codes"
6. Then copy the 4th. box labeled "IMG Images for Message Board"
7. Finally, paste them into your HOD post.
Then, I can take them directly from your post.

I am working on this as time allows and hope to have it all put together by 2015's book fair season. I'll probably repost this reminder a few times for this reason! Thanks in advance, ladies!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Re: Please be a part of the MTMM Photobook!!!

Post by my3sons » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:00 pm

Oh, and here is a link to the Shutterfly Share Site, so you can see inside the photobooks! :D Please keep in mind these have all been converted, so the colors, the readability of the comments, the view ability online etc. are not the same quality as the book fair hard copies. :wink: Still, you can get the general feel of the books and the joy they bring on the share site!!! :D :D :D
https://heartofdakotasphotobooks.shutterfly.com

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:03 pm

I already received a few pictures, and they are beautiful! OOOOOOH, this is so fun! Thanks, Amy!!! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

aprilmd

Post by aprilmd » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Julie,
Did I send pictures to you last year? I think I did.
April Domancich
April - BHFHG, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WG & now WORLD HIST
2014-2015
DD 16- World Hist, Chemistry, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 15- World Hist, Bio, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 13- MTMM/ext, finish R&S Eng. 6, Saxon Alg 1

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:32 pm

aprilmd wrote:Julie,
Did I send pictures to you last year? I think I did.
April Domancich
Hi April! My (old) computer's hard drive completely crashed, and though Mike and Carrie paid the very best experts to rebuild it and recover as much as possible, much of it was not recoverable (along with a lot of my personal things as well) . I was devastated, and this was happening at the same time that my Dad's pancreatic cancer returned. It truly felt like spiritual warfare, but God certainly had a reason for this, and I am sure it was to teach me patience, and also gratitude for when the daily things in my life are going right. I apologize, as I know that you took time to send those and I would have loved to use them. :cry: One thing I have learned for sure... it is important to backup everything - even when I think I don't have the time. If you still have the pictures and are able to resend them, I would love to use them.

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

StillJulie

Post by StillJulie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:05 pm

I know we have a few pictures, but finding them will be harder. I will try to get to it sometime over the next month.
16yo DD using US History 1 for 11th grade
14yo DS using World Geography for 9th grade
13yo DS using Rev to Rev for 7th grade
10yo DD using Creation to Christ for 5th grade
8yo DD using Bigger for 3rd grade
7yo DD using Beyond Hearts for 2nd grade

aprilmd

Post by aprilmd » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Julie,
No problem and completely understand. I will look through my pictures and see if I can find some of them.
♡April Domancich
April - BHFHG, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WG & now WORLD HIST
2014-2015
DD 16- World Hist, Chemistry, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 15- World Hist, Bio, R&S Eng. 7, Saxon Adv Math
DD 13- MTMM/ext, finish R&S Eng. 6, Saxon Alg 1

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:06 pm

Thanks, ladies!!! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie