OT- Thank you for prayers update

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
water2wine

OT- Thank you for prayers update

Post by water2wine » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:12 am

Thank you ladies for your prayers! I went to the neurologist today and it was very good! He does not believe we are talking about MS or anything like that. He said my symptoms are the kind that MDs that do not quite know what they are doing give patients the MS scare all the time (I had two tell me they thought that was what we were looking at, both wrong).

So what I have going on is carpel tunnel syndrome in both arms, some kind of generalized inflammation (maybe could be a back injury issue), a couple of kidney stones (I had the choice to blast or watch/pass them and chose with the doctors help watching them), and the result of an allergic reaction to fish oil we think. All very livable and or fixable things. Just my body going crazy in a few directions. :D So for now all I have to do is wear braces on hands at night, pop a heavy duty inflammation pill until the neurologist says stop, and change my diet. I can handle that. :wink: Just give me something to fix and tell me I can still be there the way I want for my kids. God has directly and thoroughly answered my prayers!

I am very happy. This was a huge wakeup call for me and I am actually very thankful to have gotten it. I am really going to make it my focus to live very healthy. 8) I appreciate your prayers and support.

Praying that everyone else waiting on similar things has equally as blissful news! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:29 am

~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10

Jen in Va

Post by Jen in Va » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:18 pm

Amen!

I deal with intermittent cps in my hands--I think it stems from back/neck issues as I have horrendous trigger points around my shoulder blades and in my neck. My massage therapist has been a tremendous help. Make sure you're using something to support your wrists while on the computer (mouse and keyboard)--keep them in a neutral position. The wrist brace at night has also been of great help.

Will continue to pray for you and your symptoms. Kidney stones are no fun!
Jen
Hsing mom of 3:
DS (20) college, home educated k-12
DD (17) 12th grade (2009-10), home educated
DS (6) Beyond (2009-10, have already started--loving it, btw!)

Carly

Post by Carly » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:55 pm

That's such wonderful and encouraging news!!!
I see a neuro. Dr. on Monday. I'm hoping for some
doable news too! :-)
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Carly

we6rblessed

Post by we6rblessed » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:40 pm

Wonderful Praise Report :D :D

Love ya!
~Linda

netpea

Post by netpea » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:31 pm

I'm thankful that you have a diagnosis at last and it sounds like the best possible news.

:D

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:34 pm

Praising God that it wasn't anything serious!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:32 pm

water2wine,

We're praising the Lord with you here today for answers that you can live with! I cannot imagine how painful the kidney stones were, but hopefully they have passed and you are on your way to healing in that department.

We'll continue to pray for the inflammation and allergic reactions to go down.

Thanks for sharing! :D

P.S. Carly, we'll be praying for you too.

Blessings,
Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:35 pm

Carly wrote:That's such wonderful and encouraging news!!!
I see a neuro. Dr. on Monday. I'm hoping for some
doable news too! :-)
Carly I want to tell you that the Neurologist I saw told me he constantly gets people that have been scared to death by MD's. I had a long list of very disturbing and some very painfully real things things when you added them all up really looked like MS (I had two doctors tell me they thought that is what they would be looking for), so I want to encourage you that this visit could really be a blessing for you. I have to say that I can see several blessing that have come for me and I pray you will also experience the same. :D

Praying for peace for you in the waiting!!!! And praying for some happy and very doable news for you. :wink:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

MamaMary

Re: OT- Thank you for prayers update

Post by MamaMary » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:22 pm

water2wine wrote:Thank you ladies for your prayers! I went to the neurologist today and it was very good! He does not believe we are talking about MS or anything like that. He said my symptoms are the kind that MDs that do not quite know what they are doing give patients the MS scare all the time (I had two tell me they thought that was what we were looking at, both wrong).

So what I have going on is carpel tunnel syndrome in both arms, some kind of generalized inflammation (maybe could be a back injury issue), a couple of kidney stones (I had the choice to blast or watch/pass them and chose with the doctors help watching them), and the result of an allergic reaction to fish oil we think. All very livable and or fixable things. Just my body going crazy in a few directions. :D So for now all I have to do is wear braces on hands at night, pop a heavy duty inflammation pill until the neurologist says stop, and change my diet. I can handle that. :wink: Just give me something to fix and tell me I can still be there the way I want for my kids. God has directly and thoroughly answered my prayers!

I am very happy. This was a huge wakeup call for me and I am actually very thankful to have gotten it. I am really going to make it my focus to live very healthy. 8) I appreciate your prayers and support.

Praying that everyone else waiting on similar things has equally as blissful news! :D
Oh Brenda,

This just brings tears to my eyes! I am SO SOOO happy! I have approx 12 kidney stones and have passed many over the past two years. E-mail me and I will give you a trick to help disolve the stone once it leaves the kidney and enters the ureter. Percocet help too! (smile)

I'm so very happy,
Mary

"My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; HE IS MINE FOREVER!" Psalm 73:26
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/