Sneak Peek #10: New World History Guide

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Carrie
Site Admin

Sneak Peek #10: New World History Guide

Post by Carrie » Sun May 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Ladies,

As we designed the World History guide, we wanted to be sure to stay with our more CM focus and include wonderful living books along with the narrative spines scheduled within the new guide. We didn't want the students to suddenly hit the high school years and wonder where all of the wonderful books they have enjoyed through HOD have gone! :wink: We also didn't want our students to only have readings that were on the heavier or more factual side and miss out on the joy of reading for pleasure that goes along with reading engrossing books that immerse you in a certain time or place. :D

So, with this in mind, as part of the World History guide we developed a "Living Library" of books that enhances the study of World History. :D These books will function in a similar way to our Storytime books from our previous guides, and as such, the books selected as a part of the Living Library were chosen for their text connections to the history plans. :D

The books in this particular set are not intended to fulfill your student's high school literature credit, as students are scheduled in the "Literature" portion of the World History guide to read separate higher-level literature to fulfill that need. Instead, the books in this package were chosen to make world history come alive and to help students experience various time periods in history through the lives of the people who lived during those times. 8) A daily reading schedule for the books is provided in the guide and follow-up activities are scheduled as well. This set of books is highly recommended, unless you need to economize, however it is not required to earn credit in World History. Extra credit is earned by reading the books in the Living Library, so this is an additional incentive as it provides a way to improve a student's world history grade if needed. :D

I'm not going to list the books in the Living Library here, as I truly want you to read their descriptions right along with each title. So, you'll have to wait to glimpse these terrific books in our sneak preview that will be coming to our email list before the content hits our website. :D I just wanted to share this wonderful news, as I know it will bring joy to so many student's (and momma's) hearts! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

momtofive

Re: Sneak Peek #10: New World History Guide

Post by momtofive » Sun May 04, 2014 4:45 pm

Can't wait to see the great new titles we'll get to enjoy!!! ;) So thankful that our children will have such a rich high school experience!

When do you expect the emails about the new guide to be sent? I'm also curious if you know when the new catalogs will be available? My catalog from last year is falling apart....the kids enjoy it almost as much as I do!

Just loving these sneak peaks! Thank you, Carrie! :D
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun May 04, 2014 5:09 pm

Lisa,

The new catalog won't be out until sometime in June. The emails for the new guide will be awhile in coming too. With my vertigo still spinning away, everybody's workload has shifted! This means we have to prioritize those things that are most necessary right now. So, prayers for a recovery for me are greatly appreciated! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Sun May 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Oh I completely understand! I'm so amazed at how much you do, and know it's through the Lord's strength! :D

Please don't rush. Just know that we're all so excited about what's in store, therefore I had to ask! ;) As far as prayer for you, you don't have to worry about that. We keep you and your family in our prayers daily! :D We're so thankful for HOD, and know that it involves sacrifice to continually write these guides. But we will pray especially for your recovery! :)

Thanks so much and blessings ! ;)
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!