An annoying aspect of a CM education! ;)

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
lmercon

An annoying aspect of a CM education! ;)

Post by lmercon » Sun May 04, 2014 3:10 pm

My 12 yo ds is severely dyslexic, so I have to read all of the material to him. He's used to this as we've always had to learn this way. We are using Res.to Rev. this year. While I'm reading, he is CONSTANTLY interrupting me with "enlightened thoughts," connections to other books we've read or concepts we've studied in the past, and questions that pop into his mind! The nerve!

As annoying as it actually is some days, I'm sometimes floored that a jr. high aged boy is so engaged and involved in his learning that he feels the need to interrupt me numerous times during the day! I mean, aren't they supposed to be bored in school! It's just not normal! ;)
Wife to a great guy and mommy to:
Ds(15) - using WG and loving it!
Dd(11) - using Res.to Ref and having a blast!
Ds (3) - our joy!
Two little ones in the arms of Jesus - I can't wait to hold you in Heaven!

mothermayi?

Re: An annoying aspect of a CM education! ;)

Post by mothermayi? » Sun May 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Love it!! :D
~Began HOD Oct. 28, 2013
DS13 (7th) HOD RTR, MUS, DITHR 6/7/8
DS11 (5th) HOD CTC, Singapore & LOF, DITHR 4/5
DD6.5 (1st) MFW 1, Miquon Math, LOF
DD4.5 (PreK4) MFW K

Tabitha

Re: An annoying aspect of a CM education! ;)

Post by Tabitha » Mon May 05, 2014 8:25 am

Awesome! It might be fun to record your sessions, and then later go back and listen to them when he is older...much older. Very cool!
17 yo dd - finishing WH, Geometry, German, Music, Media Art - filmaking, stop animation, etc.
14 yo dd - finishing RTR & TT7, Piano, Animal Shelter Volunteer.
11 yo dd - CTC, finishing up TT5, Piano.