starting a timeline in CTC

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Rice

starting a timeline in CTC

Post by Rice » Thu May 01, 2014 2:04 pm

We are coming to HOD for the first time and do not have personal timelines started. I understand that those are done in a lower level than CTC so I'm wondering what we should do for timelines. Is there a blog post somewhere or instructions to take us through making our first one in a HOD-friendly format? Is that something we could make as we finish up this year so they're ready for the fall, something I/we could make during the summer or would it work in with our CTC in the fall?

If it makes any difference, I will have 3 in CTC: 9yo in Grade 4 (extremely bright, advanced reader); 10 1/2 yo in Grade 6 (late reader); 12yo in Grade 7 (using extensions).

Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics

Samuel'sMommy

Re: starting a timeline in CTC

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Thu May 01, 2014 2:58 pm

I haven't done CTC yet, but I believe that in CTC through MTMM the timeline is part of the notebook pages that come in the set. The earlier timelines in Beyond, Bigger, and Preparing are just used for 1 year each. The one in CTC through MTMM is cumulative and then when they get to the high school guides they will start a Book of Centuries
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

sltress

Post by sltress » Thu May 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Yes Rice you are starting at the beginning of the timeline in CTC. It's all scheduled for you.
Unit 1 Day 3 of the Week at a Glance sample pages shows this:
You will be adding to your timeline in your
Student Notebook today. In Unit 1 – Box 1,
draw and color the earth. Label it, Creation
(4004 B.C.). In Box 2, draw and color an ark.
Label it, The Great Flood (2300 B.C.).

They will do that each week all through MTMM as the previous poster stated.
So you can relax. :)
Stacey

Rice

Post by Rice » Thu May 01, 2014 8:14 pm

sltress wrote:Yes Rice you are starting at the beginning of the timeline in CTC. It's all scheduled for you.
Unit 1 Day 3 of the Week at a Glance sample pages shows this:
You will be adding to your timeline in your Student Notebook today. In Unit 1 – Box 1, ...

They will do that each week all through MTMM as the previous poster stated.
So you can relax. :)
I'd seen that but didn't have the student notebook package open - I thought it meant to add that to a timeline they already had from previous years. Thanks for clarifying!

Blessings,
Rice

DS 21 - GRAD '20: after WG
DD 19 - GRAD '21: after WH
DS 17 - GRAD '22; did CTC-WH + 2yrs non-HOD (🇨🇦)
DS 15 not using a guide this year (DONE: LHFHG-MTMM)
DS 13 MTMM (DONE: Prep-Rev2Rev)
DS 11 +
DD 9 CTC (DONE: Prep)
6yo DS phonics