Need prayers.... Miss you all!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
InHisImage

Need prayers.... Miss you all!

Post by InHisImage » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:47 pm

:( :D :( I have been struggling so much spiritually. I wanted to give up on my children and homeschooling. As a single mom of two small children. I didn't think I could do it so I left the boards for a while . I went to a new church today that my brother invited me too...and praise the Lord. Blessed be His name. I am glad that I went. I was in the nursery class with this little boy and I had asked him if he was going to Kindergarten and he said no, I am a homeschooler--he said it so proudly and it made me think of my desire to teach my boys at home! Then I thought of all of you on here and how I love reading your posts. Pray that I can start Little Hands tomorrow and get on track!
Depree

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:13 pm

So sorry to hear of your struggles. :( You have my prayers.
Melanie

(Mary will be along shortly with the perfect verse for you, but "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" seems like a good motto for ya!!)
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

netpea

Post by netpea » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:53 pm

Hugs......

You are loved by our God and redeemer and He will see you through this. I'm so glad you went to that church today. Do you have a supportive family to help out?

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:56 pm

I just want to encourage you to go ahead and get back into it. I feel like sometimes the enemy attacks us and makes us think we can't because it is a sure path away from his desires for our children. I know that sounds extreem but I honestly believe it is true. You said your struggle has been somewhat spiritual. And I what to encourage you that you are stronger than it through Christ and you can overcome.

Can I just tell you how proud it makes me to hear of a single mom of two kids really making the effort to provide homeschooling to her children. 8) I know that has to be tough but I just want to tell you that you can do it and it is so worth it! :D I want to encourage you what an inspiration you can be to other single moms who want to homeschool but in their hearts do not know if they can. You can make an amazing difference not only in your kids lives but also for others. I know for sure you will never regret hanging in there and doing it. I know also that being a single mom is the hardest job in the world but God will never call you to a position in life that He does not also equip you for. He is always faithful in that way.

Maybe you could just try to do a very bare bones simplified as much as possible version of HOD. Don't try to add anything and just do what is there. If you miss something here and there do not beat yourself up. Just take the time to enjoy your children with it. :D And definitely stay plugged in here. :D If you need someone to encourage you I would be more than happy to do that and try to walk this with you. You can PM me. I know everyone here would be happy to lift you up in prayer. I just really want to encourage you not to give up. I did it once and I regret it tremendously so please do not make my mistake. HOD is so wonderful and easy to use. Honestly you really do not even need to prepare. Just enjoy it. This time you have is precious with your children. It will go by fast. Homeschooling is something that is so worth it. The footprints of homeschooling will last a lifetime. :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:12 pm

The verse my daughter learned at church camp came to mind for you. Romans 8:37 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." To go with that, my favorite verse is Romans 8:28 " And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, To those who are called according to his purpose."

I am impressed that as a single mom you would be willing to submit to God and walk according to His purpose for your family. I think I'd take the chicken way out. So if God has called you to do this, he will give you the strength you need to continue your journey.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:21 pm

I wanted to post this site for you. It looks good I have not completely combed it over but faith statement and pecking around it looks really good good. It has a lot of resources for Single Parent Christian homeschoolers. It is there ot encourage single parents in their call to homeschool. Maybe something here will help you as well in addition to all of us here of course!!!!! :D
http://singleparenthomeschool.christian ... urces.html

And I am not sure if I said but of course I will be praying for you!!!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:17 pm

I'm sure it must be tough to homeschool as a single parent, and I think it's awesome that you are committed to making it work. I just started Little Hands with my 3 year old son if you want a buddy!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:24 am

Depree,

I just wanted to let you know we'll lift you up in prayer here too. God will definitely give you what you need as you strive to honor His call on your life to homeschool your kiddos no matter what your situation.

The ladies on the board have give you wonderful advice and encouragement about ways to stay plugged in to others who can help uplift you. It is so important for you to have others that can give you much needed encouragement and to just have some adult interaction with like-minded people! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie