So excited! Placed order, starting again soon!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
inHistiming

So excited! Placed order, starting again soon!

Post by inHistiming » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi, everyone. I just wanted to say how excited we are to finally be starting again with HOD! My youngest 2 are 3 and 5 so they will begin with Little Hands. My 10 year old will begin Preparing, and I will have 2 high schoolers in the Geography manual. Cannot wait to get back to these wonderful books and lessons! I have missed HOD. :wink:

Nealewill

Re: So excited! Placed order, starting again soon!

Post by Nealewill » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:17 pm

So excited with you! We did Beyond for my younger two this year and my oldest did Preparing. Next year my youngest is going to do Little Hearts (beefed - up, she is gifted and needs a little bit of a challenge but I want to separate my younger two), my middle will do Bigger, and then my oldest will do CTC.

I have already ordered Bigger and CTC but still need to order Little (I only recently decide to split them up). I now having such a hard time finishing up! I keep telling myself, only 9 more weeks, only 9 more weeks :-). Then a month off and we then start back up again with the new levels :-). And yes - all at the same time but half speed for a month or so for everyone - basically long enough for each child to comfortable with their level and to fall into a routine. I already anticipate that my son will be able to do many of boxes easily with Bigger because he has comes SO far in skill that he won't need much help. And my youngest is stellar at reading and comprehending so she will be able to do some of Little independently as well. I know for one though I can wait to do the Burgess books!
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

MelInKansas

Re: So excited! Placed order, starting again soon!

Post by MelInKansas » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:52 pm

I am a little jealous :wink:

I am 9 months from my oldest going to a new guide, probably 6 months from my 2nd moving up and am still trying to decide if I should jump straight into LHFHG when my 3rd born is done with LHTH or wait until January or so to start her as she is a little young. My DH thinks she is ready to move up and ready for a challenge.

Enjoy your new guides!
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven