How is HOD pronounced?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Momto3wahines

How is HOD pronounced?

Post by Momto3wahines » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:18 am

Sorry all for this silly question. How is HOD and HODies pronounced? Do you say H - O - D? Or is phonetic? Or is it only a written acronym - and everyone still says aloud, "Heart of Dakota"?

Thanks!

Angela

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:42 am

Believe it or not...this has come up before! :lol:

This is just me, but when I type HOD, I am just using it as an acronym and saying Heart of Dakota. When I say Hodie, I pronounce it phonetically Ho (long o) die (long e). If you wanted to use the short o, you would need to spell it Hoddie and it would rhyme with hottie (which all of us are, right?!?) :wink: :lol:

I don't think it really matters, just use whatever floats your boat! Does that help at all?
:D Mel
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

Mom25

Post by Mom25 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Hilarious! I've had the same question from time to time, wondering what others say. I just say the letter names HOD.

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:54 pm

I say HOD as phonetically now.Im still working my brain round th LHFHG etcIm stil saying each word represented by the letter.

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:05 pm

I think the same way as Mel. :D That's exactly as it is in my head. HOD to me is really H.O.D. just short for Heart of Dakota. Then there is different preferences on the HODies terms :D whatever you like is great. It is not an official Heart of Dakota thing just something that got started and took. But I say it to my kids HODies with the long O. :wink: And believe me if you ever meet me in real life and refer to me as a "hottie" I will know you are talking about what I use to teach my kids. :lol: :lol: :lol: So whatever you want is great. We just know we are all part of the same group of happy mommies that get to use the wonderful program! 8)
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Momto3wahines

Post by Momto3wahines » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:34 am

So funny, ladies! I love it! We definitely are all "hotties". Thanks for making my day.

Angela :D

Hooray! I finally figured out the emoticons. (I know it doesn't say much for my internet savy...)

holyhart

Post by holyhart » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:29 am

Funny how it is a little different to all of us.

I see HOD and in my head say HUD. Phonetically incorrect I know. :roll:

And yet, LHFHG, my head automatically says the whole thing. Same with the other abbreviations.

Strange.
~Kelly~
wife of CB since 10/99
mother to:
~Evelyn Grace 5/03
~Joshua Ryan 11/05
~Lillian Rose 8/08
~Caleb Charles 8/10