Ordering and Substitions

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
djemommy

Ordering and Substitions

Post by djemommy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:31 am

Ok so I am brand new here so keep that in mind. I read the last page of how many Substitions I can have where and I am still totally confused . We are in bigger hearts for his Glory and little hearts.
Another question I had is we are doing a different math program so if I go with the package that has math is that considered one Substition or two since I would have been buying 2 books (a and b)?
Sorry if these are silly questions just trying to figure it all out.:)

StephanieU

Re: Ordering and Substitions

Post by StephanieU » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:55 am

http://www.heartofdakota.com/faqs.php#Substitution

I am not sure about the math, but I would think it would be two books (or 4). I just ordered the science and devotional book separately for LHFHG and not the package since we had our own math (and we weren't going to use the CD because my daughter only memorizes in KJV).
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

djemommy

Post by djemommy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:23 pm

I guess my question was with the two substitutions per package all guides-deluxe, extension, and science.
Is the economy -science add on is that two sub for bigger.
Tina

The2youngs

Post by The2youngs » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Basic packages are only allowed one substitution, per the Substitutions page. The math books are part of the Basic package for each level. So, you wouldn't be able to substitute for both (or all 4) of the math books. It would be best just to purchase the additional components you actually will use, I would think.
Heather
Wife to Brandon for 19 years, Mommy, and Missionary in PNG

In 2023-2024:
DS 16 in US1 with a couple DE classes,
DS 14 in WG,
DD 13 in MTMM,
DD 11 in Res to Ref