Essentials in Writing Teach Citation?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Daisy

Essentials in Writing Teach Citation?

Post by Daisy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:52 pm

I desperately need to teach my daughter citation. Does Essential in Writing (the one used in the World Geography guide) teach this?
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Essentials in Writing Teach Citation?

Post by Carrie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:10 pm

Daisy,

Yes! Both the Grade 10 and Grade 11 Essentials in Writing teach this very thoroughly as students are doing their research paper. He teaches them what information to put on their notecards for citations, teaches them how to cite sources within the text of their research paper, and teaches them how to do a Bibliography (or works cited page). He even suggests a wonderful free online tool they can use to help them with their Bibliography (but he still teaches them how to do citations even without the free tool). :D I love Essentials in Writing! It makes me breathe easier knowing all my writing bases are covered, yet the writing program doesn't overtake my students' days. :D My boys are loving it too!

Blessings,
Carrie

Daisy

Re: Essentials in Writing Teach Citation?

Post by Daisy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:04 pm

Thank you so much for responding!
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)