Who has used No-Nonsense Algebra?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
faith0428

Who has used No-Nonsense Algebra?

Post by faith0428 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:20 pm

I am pretty positive it will be the choice for my daughter's 7th grade math in the fall. She is finishing up Singapore 6B now. The plan would then be to go into Foerster's Algebra in 8th grade after completing No-Nonsense Algebra for 7th. I would love to hear from anyone who has used or is using No-Nonsense Algebra. Thanks!
~ April Faith ~
http://www.desiremyheart.blogspot.com
Wife to Andy since 3/98
Mom to:
Savannah Hope 12 (11/01) and Amaris Love 10 (6/03) doing Res2Ref
Jadon Andrew 8 (1/06) and Bethany Joy 6 (4/07) doing BLHFHG

arstephia

Re: Who has used No-Nonsense Algebra?

Post by arstephia » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:23 am

I have used it as a supplement. If you are using it for middle school, it would be great. I didn't use it for my son's only high school math.
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography

faith0428

Re: Who has used No-Nonsense Algebra?

Post by faith0428 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:54 pm

Since I haven't gotten many responses yet, I decided to Google "No-Nonsense Algebra Reviews". I was pretty impressed with how many reviews came up. The ones I read were all very encouraging which brings me much relief! Now to wait for our tax return to get here so I can go order EVERYTHING for the fall! It will be the first time in my 6 years using HOD to purchase directly from them and I can't wait!
~ April Faith ~
http://www.desiremyheart.blogspot.com
Wife to Andy since 3/98
Mom to:
Savannah Hope 12 (11/01) and Amaris Love 10 (6/03) doing Res2Ref
Jadon Andrew 8 (1/06) and Bethany Joy 6 (4/07) doing BLHFHG