Intro and thanks!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Carly

Post by Carly » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Hi, Angela!
Glad you're here.

Carly

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:01 pm

Angela,

I just wanted to welcome you! We're glad to have you here. It sounds like you have a wonderful plan. We pray it will be a blessing to you and your 3 wahines! (See, I know that word from my hubby and I's trip to Kaui! :D)

Blessings,
Carrie

coconuts

Post by coconuts » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:54 pm

I don't know if you'll see this Carrie, but I grew up on Kauai!
Isaiah 26:3-4

Momto3wahines

Post by Momto3wahines » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:00 am

Coconuts,

Thank you! Our only connections to Hawaii is vacation/memories. I would LOVE to live there though – wow! Kauai is my most favorite of the islands. I cannot believe you grew up there. Did you hike in the interior – or is that only something strange main-landers do? It is nice to meet you.

Gina,

What a small world. I cannot believe you are only 25 minutes from my old stomping grounds. My daughters would LOVE your daughter and probably try to baby your son. (Boys are something of a fun enigma to them!)

Carly,

Thanks – For all my protestations, we are glad to be here (in Texas) also. We love it and the people and our friends – best people in the world! Our Texan friends say that we need a bumper sticker that reads, “I wasn’t born here, but I got here as fast as I could!” (My daughters are all Texans from birth) It is a pleasure to meet you.

Carrie,

What can I say? It is a joy to know you and these families. Thanks for taking the time to address our concerns and questions and compliments. Our HOD book box arrived yesterday and we did a happy box dance. SO FUN. And so amazingly fast. This should be a great year.

Angela

Candice

Post by Candice » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:16 am

Angela,

Welcome! So nice to have you here!
I live in CA like Gina but, I am in Ventura County. I spent my teen years driving around aimlessly in Newport trying to look really cool in my VW Bug. Oh what a dork I was looking back now!

Anyway, welcome HOD is awesome!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:42 am

coconuts,

My hubby and I absolutely loved Kaui! We have beautiful memories of the week we spent there! It is still my husband's absolute favorite place in the world! :D

While we were visiting Kaui, my hubby and I decided that it gave us a glimpse into what the garden of Eden must have been like. The beauty is unmatched. We would love to go back one day.

Blessings,
Carrie :wink:

coconuts

Post by coconuts » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:27 am

Angela,
I've only done the 2 mile hike up Hanakapiae, but haven't gone further. It's funny, when you live somewhere, it's just home.

Carrie,
You should have seen Kauai 35 years ago! There was only one two-lane main road, and one stop light on the whole island. You saw a lot of sugar cane fields and pineapple. It has really changed-especially after the last big hurricane. Some of the landscape got re-arranged. We had moved to another island by then, but we still had relatives there whose homes were destroyed and land flooded. It surely is built up now.
Isaiah 26:3-4