prayers please

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ninipelley

prayers please

Post by ninipelley » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:34 am

Haven't been on the boards in a bit!
I am just asking for some support prayers. I am 12 weeks pregnant with my 5th baby and have hyperemesis. I'm sure somebody had had it. It is much more than normal morning sickness. Starting at week 6 I was vomiting at least 5 times daily, losing about 2 or more lbs weekly. Since started antinausea meds every 3 hours I am only vomiting 1-3 times daily but still feeling very nauseaous and weak. Some days I can hardly get out of bed. The meds give me headaches and constipation. There is nothing else the dr's can do except watch for dehydration. Baby seems fine so far. Our support system here is not good as far as physical help goes. I have not gotten any homeschooling done (which is fine) but I cannot keep my 4yr and 5yr old entertained every day! I will be 40 soon and cannot even take the prenatal vitamins. I also take antidepressants and these now make me sick as well.
The best news is God is sustaining me on about 10-15oz of Gatorade daily (i can seem to keep that much fluid down) which should not be enough to keep me out of the hospital but it is somehow. What a good God!
I am asking for prayers in any way. Maybe for energy, help on my really BAD days, a positive mind as my spirits are not really very good, and for me to rely on my faith to get me through. I have not hardly opened my Bible and I know I'm in a bad place when I don't. I just hadn't seemed able to. Doesn't make sense I know when our faith should be the first place to turn to.
Thank you so much,
Nici
2011-2012 plan
9.5 yr dd Preparing
7 yr ds finishing LHFHG
4 yr dd learning letters
almost 3yr dd tagging along

Mumkins

Re: prayers please

Post by Mumkins » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:40 am

Praying for you.

Do you usually have it the whole PG?
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

nena3927

Post by nena3927 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:48 am

Bless your heart, how terrible! I can't imagine having to deal with that along with taking care of little ones. I'm praying for you Nici.
~Nena
Blessed Wife and Mother of 3 :)
DS (7) Beyond
DD (5) Beyond
DS (4) Loving R&S Preschool Workbooks

heidip2p

Post by heidip2p » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:08 am

Praying for you mama. My sister had hyperemesis with all 3 of her pregnancies. It was so hard to watch her go through all of that. I will be praying for you. Just take it one day at a time. 28 weeks or so from now you are going to have such an incredible gift to cherish. You can do it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Heidi momma to 8

quiverfull

Post by quiverfull » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:16 am

Nici,

I am so sorry for all you are going through. Sometimes life is so hard. :cry: "This too shall pass" is something I have repeated to myself a lot during difficult times. Try not to be too hard on yourself, especially if you do not have any help around. The Lord understands that you can't do all that you normally do. Keep your hope in Him. I will keep you in my prayers.
Hang in there!
Married for 30 years….Mom to 9~
Five graduated, four still in school. 28, 26, 24, 22, 20, 18, 16, 12, 10

Used/Using
WH
WG
MTMM
Rev2Rev
CtC
Preparing
LHFHG

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 am

I will be praying for you. I had to take Zofran with my second pregnancy because I was vomitting 3-5 times a day at 6 weeks, but luckily it worked for me (and now I don't know if they will prescribe it because of possible side effects). One thing I have learned is to drink the gatorade at half strength. It is gentler on the stomach that way. And if you can get some ginger candy to suck on, it often helps.Ginger definitely didn't take the morning sickness away for any of my pregnancies, but it did calm my stomach a tiny bit, enough to help keep the medicine down. I will be praying that someone comes along side of you to help and that it doesn't last much longer.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

davisfam7

Post by davisfam7 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:56 am

Dear Nici,
I had hyperemesis with my 5th pregnancy as well. I feel for you and will be lifting you up daily in prayer. My children were similar ages as yours as well. I would be in the emergency room almost 3 times a week getting IV fluid boluses usually 2 liters at a time. The only reason they let me go home was due to the fact that I am an RN so I guess they figured I'd know if I got bad enough and needed to return. I know you probably already do this, but it was a life saver to me. My older kids really helped me take care of and entertain my younger ones. We watched a lot of movies snuggled up on the couch. Or an older child might read picture books to the little guys. Sometimes I'd let them make big tents with sheets and pillows in the family room as I laid on the couch, and the kids would help dad clean it away after he got home. Is there a homeschool co-op near you that might have some teenaged help that could come in a few afternoons and help with chores or kid wrangle for a little while for you? I know they probably have you on Zofran or reglan for the vomiting, but vit. B12 injections helped me a lot on top of the other meds. I took the shot because I couldn't keep down the pills. Also waking up every three to four hours, even at night, and eating a tablespoon worth of protein seemed to help keep the nausea at bay once it was under control. I know this is random and a little bit disjointed but I keep thinking of other things that helped :-) Is your husband able to prepare simple meals ahead for the next day that your oldest could microwave or help serve? My kids at a lot of pancakes, mac and cheese, PBJ's and fruit. My husband would prep stuff in the evening and they just had to microwave it or get it out of the fridge. That helped cut down on the meal prep for me and then I felt better knowing that there was food there for them to eat. My older two were actually excited to be such big helpers. These are just a few of the things I can think of off the top of my head. Just remember, this is survival mode, what ever needs to be done in order for your basic family needs to be met is okay. This is just a season and you do whatever you have to in order to get through it! If I think of any thing else I'll let you know.
Sarah
wife to Bobby
Taylor 22 helping @ home
Ryan 18 World History
Olivia 16 World History
Alec 13 MtMM
Jack-Attack 1 CtC
Have done Bigger, Preparing, RtR, Rev to Rev, MtMM, World Geo.

TrueGRIT

Post by TrueGRIT » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:56 pm

You are prayed for. I understand some of it myself.
(I am 28 weeks with number 4, and I have been very sick. Nausea at this point is finally minimal, but the dr put me on rest time. Oddly enough, what finally helped me was 10-15 grams of protein at a time with OJ.)
It is very hard with children at home - and no family nearby. Is your oldest able to help out? My oldest is 9 and he took over most of the cooking, & quite a bit of the laundry. Hope you find someone to help you soon. That would be a huge weight lifted off. And most of all to feel better.
Mikki
Ds 12- tutoring
Ds 9- Preparing
Dd 7 - Beyond and ER's
Ds 2- LHTH (sort of)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:48 pm

I am praying for you! I too had to take Zofran, but it helped enough that I was not sick all of the time. I know Carrie was very sick for her entire pregnancy with Beau, and she lost so much weight. Carrie is healthy today, and so is Beau, who is now 7 years old. One day at a time! Lean heavily upon the Lord. I will say I had difficulties opening my Bible during the most intensive time of my dad's cancer recently too. I loved to listen to hymns though, my favorite being Selah's Greatest Hymns. I would raise my hands to heaven and sing, just me in my kitchen, and it gave me great comfort. I also prayed incessantly, kind of like a constant dialogue with Jesus, especially in the middle of the night. I just wanted to encourage you that you can be close to the Lord through this, even if your closeness doesn't mirror your usual Bible quiet time routine. Praying!

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

ninipelley

Post by ninipelley » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:40 pm

Thank You for the prayers and words of encouragement! I had my 1st IV fluid replacement in the ER yesterday, doing a bit better today than earlier this week. Just wanted to say thank you- it's great to relate to others
Nicole
2011-2012 plan
9.5 yr dd Preparing
7 yr ds finishing LHFHG
4 yr dd learning letters
almost 3yr dd tagging along

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Praying for you!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 pm

Definitely praying for you. (((HUGS)))
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM