Are you allowed to

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaBear23Cubs

Are you allowed to

Post by MamaBear23Cubs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:47 pm

copy out the poems/rhymes for home use? I have Bigger and we have done the first 5 units. My daughter had marked the poems which has made me GRR. Plus if I copy them I can mark what to use as copy work and I can have the guide to prepare for the next box.
I also want to copy the Little Hearts one and send them to my husband with a tape recorder. While he can't show the kids the motions he can tell them the rhymes. I don't want to send the whole guide to Iraq but I want him part of the kids education.
Military wife and Mama to 3 (DD12, DS8, & DD7)
Have used: Little Hands For Heaven, Little Hearts For His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory,
Bigger Hearts For His Glory, and Preparing Hearts For His Glory.
http://livinglifeonthehomefront.blogspot.jp/

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:32 am

I believe the answer is yes, you are able to copy for use within your family. :D I think you idea with the rhymes sounds wonderful and will make for a cherished memory of this time!

:D Mel
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:10 am

I'm sure you could copy them for use in your own family. :-) What great memories he will be making with them!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:53 pm

MamaBear23Cubs,

Yes, you do have permission to copy the guides within your own home for family use! I am always amazed at the wonderful ideas people come up for making our guides fit their unique family situation.

I LOVE the idea of your husband reading the rhymes and poetry to your kiddos. They will love it too! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

spidermansmum

Post by spidermansmum » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:57 pm

I think thats a really swett way of including their daddy mamabear

wisdom4us

Post by wisdom4us » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:10 pm

MamaBear23Cubs,

That is a wonderful idea! I have tears in my eyes. My dad was in the military and though it wasn't at war, he was gone 6-8months out of the year and the rare occasions of hearing his voice made the world of difference to me. Your children are going to love that! :)
~Summer
Using LHFHG & BHFHG 2008-2009
http://wisdom4us.homeschooljournal.net/

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
~William Butler Yeats