Talk with my Daughter

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
beckytrow

Talk with my Daughter

Post by beckytrow » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:16 am

Good Morning!
I want to share a talk with my daughter recently. We were talking about what to do with our school year next year. This has been a year of Adjustments, a new baby in the house and decluttering everything! :) Rearranging our furniture and getting rid of somethings. :) So the other day, I was talking with her and I asked her what she like to do next year. Now mind you, I don't always let her pick, but I figured, if she had a thought, I would hear it and take it to heart. The education of my children is important to me. :) So we were talking about this year, she said she would have rather stayed with HOD than piece things together. I didn't expect her to say what she said. She told me that she like the boxes, because that way she knew what was left. She told me that she liked having the direction from the guide. So I am grateful to that suggestion. Thanks to you all, we are continuing on with Bigger. I am excited to see where this will take us. We are starting this guide in April. Please pray for us that we get things done in a timely manner, I believe for the first month we will take things slower, then in May, I will speed things up! :)

May you have a Blessed weekend! :)
Becky
Becky

Married for 10 years
DD 8 Finishing Beyond
DS 3 yrs.
DS Infant!
5 in heaven

Molly

Re: Talk with my Daughter

Post by Molly » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:59 am

That is just lovely. It is so great when our children can recognise what works best for them. I pray you will have a great year with Bigger.
Michelle, Mum homeschooling four beauties in NZ
DD1 (13): Rev2Rev, DITHR
DD2 (11): CTC, DITHR
DS1 (8): BHFHG
DS2 (4): LHTH

my3sons

Re: Talk with my Daughter

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:44 pm

I hope you have a terrific year with Bigger Hearts! :D My dc love the boxes too - especially as they get older and use the guide more themselves. It is like a daily planner - for me too! We all love to check off our boxes as we finish. What a feeling of accomplishment! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie