Sharing a God moment

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
tpschettle

Sharing a God moment

Post by tpschettle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:54 pm

My 7-y-o ds has been on a clear liquid elimination diet for 6 days. He is discouraged because he wants to eat, but he gets tummy aches after practically every "meal" and he has difficulty swallowing. He wants to eat more, but his tummy needs to heal. :(

We just finished unit 6 of Bigger yesterday. We had been singing the last verse of Oh For A Thousand Tongues as a prayer for Grandma all week. She's in a wheelchair. Well, yesterday, we read Joni Erickson Tada's testimony about how she rejoices that one day she will leap for joy in a new and perfect body. Ds's eyes got really big to hear about Joni, who can't use her arms & legs, but still trusts God. I could see the wheels turning in his mind.

Prior discussions about being changed when Christ comes have made ds afraid. But now he said, you mean I won't get stomach aches any more? We will be able to eat anything then?

He smiled & sang the whole song through with me, even though he was lying on the couch under a blanket with his knees curled up around his aching tummy.

Perfectly timed and perfectly comprehended through the Holy Spirit. Thank you, Carrie for letting God use you to speak truth into ds's life!

P.S. I'd be thankful for any prayers. We see the allergist tomorrow and his primary doctor next week. Thanks!
Tina
Jn 14:1-3, Is 53:14

Jim's wife 22 years
16yo DS R2R, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RV2RV, MTMM
13yo DS Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RV2RV, MTMM

Arise, shine;
For your light has come!
And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you.
Is 60:1

psreit

Re: Sharing a God moment

Post by psreit » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Those moments are so special. I love it when my dd talks about going to Heaven. This is what it's all about. :D
Praying for your ds. That has to be hard for a 7yo.
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

nena3927

Post by nena3927 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:56 pm

Thank you for sharing...it brought tears to my eyes. I am praying for your precious son that God will send healing. Bless him Lord in Jesus name.
~Nena
Blessed Wife and Mother of 3 :)
DS (7) Beyond
DD (5) Beyond
DS (4) Loving R&S Preschool Workbooks

bethelmommy

Post by bethelmommy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:59 am

I am praying that you find some answers soon and for continued strength and comfort for you and your ds during this process. Our youngest 3 dc have severe food allergies and eat a very restricted diet, so I know what a difficult road you are traveling. I am so glad that God, in His perfect timing, is using HOD to encourage you both at this time.
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:42 am

My little one deals with tummy troubles as well, so I understand how hard it is to see them go through this! :(

Praying for your sweet little guy this morning! :)
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:18 am

Praying for your sweet babe as well. My family comes from a long line of tummy troubles (my mom and me especially). Praying God sends him healing. I don't wish this health issue on anyone!
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:18 pm

Isn't it amazing how The Lord knows just what we need and how to encourage us. :D I am continually amazed at the timing of things that come up within the guides at our house too!

I pray your little one will heal and that there will be answers for you on how best to help. The Lord is always with us, yet I know I am blessed as much as my children to be reminded of His presence all throughout our day.

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:21 pm

I am praying for you and your ds. I am sure that is so difficult for him to get through :cry: , and I pray you find some answers. It sounds like the Lord is definitely using this situation to grow your ds's faith - how precious he sang along and took comfort from the perfect health and joy available in heaven someday! I find Joni's life story incredibly inspirational too. I truly loved "Hymn's for a Kid's Heart" for so many reasons - it has great hymns in it for one, it has neat stories that explain the writers behind the hymns, it has stirring music arrangements... but knowing Joni had a huge part in putting it together and reading those devotions - that makes it extra inspiring! Please do share with your ds that we are praying for him here on the HOD Board, and that we admire his strength, faith, and steadfast trust in the Lord! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

tpschettle

Post by tpschettle » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Thanks so much for all your support! All of you ladies are wonderful!

Seth is doing a lot better. An x-ray showed that he needed a good Mirilax treatment. Still we have gas, bloating, tummy aches, and throat problems.

I told him about your prayers today while we were discussing fear of the Lord and His turning harm into good. God continues to show up through our curriculum! What a blessing! :)
Tina
Jn 14:1-3, Is 53:14

Jim's wife 22 years
16yo DS R2R, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RV2RV, MTMM
13yo DS Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RV2RV, MTMM

Arise, shine;
For your light has come!
And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you.
Is 60:1