Loving HOD-at the end of this pregnancy

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
John'smom

Loving HOD-at the end of this pregnancy

Post by John'smom » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:40 am

So I am 38 weeks today and we are in our 4th year of HOD and have NEVER before needed to use half-speed. I've read about it a lot, but never implemented it until now. I think it is natural as a momma is further along in her pregnancy that her focus has a shift. Yes, my kids still need schooling, but I also need more rest now and to get ready for this sweet new babe who is about to join us. As a result last week we went half-speed. We are doing school 5x's/week still, as our fifth day is Math and Spelling, my dc's weaker subjects. The other 4 days we do one side of the guide with Math everyday. I can't tell you how much pressure this has relieved from me and there is NO guilt since we are still moving forward and I don't feel like any of their skills are going to get rusty. So thankful HOD and that it is so practical for everyday life.
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

Nealewill

Re: Loving HOD-at the end of this pregnancy

Post by Nealewill » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 pm

So glad things are going well for you at half speed. And hopefully everything at home is getting ready so that you are ready when you have the baby!

Daneale
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:35 pm

John'smom wrote:...I can't tell you how much pressure this has relieved from me and there is NO guilt since we are still moving forward and I don't feel like any of their skills are going to get rusty. So thankful HOD and that it is so practical for everyday life.
You really said it well - NO guilt and MOVING FORWARD! This past year has taught me perfection is truly something I cannot attain. However, moving forward, steadily and to the best of my ability - that IS something I can do and enjoy as well. I am praying for you as you round out the final stage of your pregnancy. May God bless you with a beautiful little bundle of joy in His good timing - hopefully soon! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

3sweeties

Post by 3sweeties » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:10 pm

I, too, have had success doing the guides half-speed when needed. So glad it is working for your family and praying for a healthy end-of-pregnancy, birth, and baby for you!!! :D
Jessica~married to my sweetie for 21 years!
[DS17]~U.S. HISTORY 2~2019-20
[DS14]-World Geography~2019-20
[DD12]~ RTR, DITHOR 6-8~2019-20
[DS9]~Bigger~2019-20
Enjoyed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, RevtoRev, MTMM, WORLD GEOG, WORLD HIST, US HIST 1~LOVING HOD!

jenn in nc

Post by jenn in nc » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Agree completely! I am 40 weeks as of yesterday and still waiting for our little one to arrive. We went half speed a week ago with the younger kids who are not very independent yet and it is going well. I feel good that they are still progressing but we are also able to get things done to prepare for the baby. I just told my husband the other day, I have never been more satisfied with a curriculum. We love HOD and feel that it fits our family so well.
Jenn, mom to 10

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:44 pm

jenn in nc wrote:Agree completely! I am 40 weeks as of yesterday and still waiting for our little one to arrive. We went half speed a week ago with the younger kids who are not very independent yet and it is going well. I feel good that they are still progressing but we are also able to get things done to prepare for the baby. I just told my husband the other day, I have never been more satisfied with a curriculum. We love HOD and feel that it fits our family so well.
This is great to hear! :D I have now prayed for you too jenn in nc! :D :D :D May your little blessing arrive soon in excellent health! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

jenn in nc

Post by jenn in nc » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Thank you Julie! That means so much. We're very excited to meet our new little one. :)
Jenn, mom to 10