Assignment records

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mommaof5

Assignment records

Post by mommaof5 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi. I was just wondering if you are allowed to make copies of the teacher guide pages for each student so you can write on them and keep them for each of their personal records. Thanks.

MelInKansas

Re: Assignment records

Post by MelInKansas » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:59 pm

I do not know the copyright held on the teacher's guides, but my guess (and the way I generally operate) is that unless a page says "may be copied for your family's use" copies are generally discouraged. Especially copying each page to have a record. Many people either use pencil lightly and then when the next child is using that guide change how you mark things so that child can mark it too, or use a page protector sleeve and dry-erase if it's just for daily recording. I have been writing the date completed in pencil at the top of the page and letting my DD check off boxes when she is done with them. Then when my 2nd born comes along I will change the way she marks hers and put in the date SHE is doing that page of the guide.

Of course, if you want a full copy of the guide just for the one child's record, then what you can always do is buy a new guide for the next child (but obviously it seems you are trying to avoid having to do that).
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:06 pm

I also just put the date at the top of the page and check off each box as we finish it. It works great and is super easy!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

8arrows

Post by 8arrows » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:23 pm

I use different colors of ink or stamps for each child and date the page as previous posters do.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:42 pm

Would it be acceptable in your state to make a check off sheet that lists all the boxes? You could print off one for each unit, place the rotating boxes to circle off.
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Copying the entire guide (or entire set of plans even for record-keeping) would be a copyright infringement as the guide is copyrighted. The copyright is listed in the opening pages of the guide. Permission is granted to copy the dictation passages for use with the children in your own family. This permission is noted at the top of each new level of dictation passages. In some guides photocopying of the poetry is allowed, however this is stated in the plans. The science lab form is allowed to be copied for children in your own family as is any Bookmark Log or Prayer Starters. Permission to copy these items is also mentioned in the guide. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

mommaof5

Post by mommaof5 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied! I haven't purchased anything from HOD yet so I wasn't sure. I was just trying to plan out how I was going to keep track of everyone's assignments per our state suggestion to keep with their school work. Thanks again :)