OT-Prayer Request

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
John'smom

OT-Prayer Request

Post by John'smom » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Today had my appt. at my o.b. office. I saw a lady I've never seen before (I really liked her). Today I am 36 weeks and 4 days. She said I was measuring 40 weeks today and wants to do an ultrasound next Wed. She said many reasons for measuring big....could be big baby (my previous babies always measured 2 weeks ahead and were born at 8 lb 6 oz and 8 lb. 9 oz.), the position of baby, or that the baby isn't peeing/swallowing like she should, so they just want to check. So I am scheduled for an ultrasound next Wednesday for them to just check on Lizzie. Prayers appreciated for her health and peace of mind for me. Thanks, everyone. :D
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

nena3927

Re: OT-Prayer Request

Post by nena3927 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Praying for you and your precious little one!
~Nena
Blessed Wife and Mother of 3 :)
DS (7) Beyond
DD (5) Beyond
DS (4) Loving R&S Preschool Workbooks

momof3kids

Post by momof3kids » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:52 pm

Praying for your and your little one!...
Just want to share some thoughts my doctor shared with me in a similar situation with my second.....which you may know, but keep in mind your due date could be off by as much as two weeks...depending on when little blessing was actually conceived. So, as scary as it sounds, it may not be off as much she thinks. That thought seemed to help ease my mind, knowing that everything is in God's timing. He was born a week early - which I don't think was actually "early" for him (I also had a big baby at 9lbs, so it was no surprise he measured big!) Hope all goes well for you, and keeping you in my prayers...try not to worry... God has you both in His hands!
Married almost 13yr..dh and great father
5 blessings from God, 1 in heaven
9 yo ds- Preparing DITHOR
8 yo ds- Bigger
5 yo dd- Jut starting Little Hearts half speed
Baby boy born September 2014, now 2yo

TrueGRIT

Post by TrueGRIT » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:37 pm

I totally understand where you are coming from.
But after we had our ultrasound the doctor moved our date up by 8 days, then said I was going to have a big baby.
Of course, I could have told him that since all my babies were big. My youngest was close to 10 pounds!
I said all that to say "I've been there." And recently.
Praying for all to be well.

(Baby's position does matter)
Mikki
Ds 12- tutoring
Ds 9- Preparing
Dd 7 - Beyond and ER's
Ds 2- LHTH (sort of)

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Praying for you and your baby!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:04 pm

I have prayed for you and your baby, Edwena!!! The Lord will walk you through it all. He is ever ready to come to our aid at just the needed moment - He loves us like that - it's really an incredible comfort even in deep times of need. I will continue to pray.

Love in Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:58 am

Praying as well! ;)
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:55 am

Thanks so much for the prayers, ladies. So very humbling....

Just in from the o.b.'s office. We had our ultrasound. It was very different for us as we've NEVER had an ultrasound this late in pregnancy before. She looked HUGE on the screen. All was good news....amniotic fluid levels are normal, and all her organs looked fine. Ultrasounds aren't always accurate this far along when it concerns a baby's weight, but if you're just curious, they told us that they think her weight right now is 6 lbs 10 oz and she was 18 inches long. It was so sweet that we could see her chubby cheeks on the ultrasound.

After discussing things with the o.b. we are attempting a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section). This decision isn't taken lightly by anyone in this family and we know that we need all the prayers that we can get. With that said, if Lizzie does not come on her own accord, the o.b. will not induce, so we have a scheduled date for a c-section on Feb. 21st.

We would be so humbled if you would regularly pray for us until her arrival.
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

StephanieU

Post by StephanieU » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:49 pm

I will definitely be praying for you. Glad she looks fine! I had a c-section with my first and then two successful vaginal births. But like you, we had an eviction date planned with our second (he came 4 days before that and 2 days before his due date). And her weight seems very similar with what we were told with both girls (also had ultrasounds to check size, etc). One was born 8lbs 3oz (c-section due to malposition and fetal distress 4 days before her due date) and the other was only 6lbs 15oz (one day after her due date). So they can definitely be off even with the same mom at the same time in the pregnancy.
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)