Beyond unit 10 science...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Kteni

Beyond unit 10 science...

Post by Kteni » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:36 am

In the water cycle experiment, the instructions say to squeeze air out of the bag and seal it tightly. Later in the day a cloud is to form in the bag over the water. But, how is that to be if we squeeze the air out? There would be no space for it to form.
Forgive me if this seems a rediculous question. Camobaby is in a teething phase and I am operating on very little sleep between him and the growth spurt achy 3 year old. praise The Lord for our HOD guides to open and direct us with in these less than observant times...

What do I do with the bag?
in {heart} 17 years
yarngirl 14- CTC w/extensions, MUS, DITHOR
legoboy 11 - Bigger w/extensions, MUS, DITHOR
tractorboy 5 - LHTH 1/2 speed
camobaby 3 - tractorboy's shadow

raceNzanesmom

Re: Beyond unit 10 science...

Post by raceNzanesmom » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:08 pm

Squeezing out excess air still allows room. Give it a try. :)
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

Kteni

Post by Kteni » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:34 pm

Angie,
thank you so much for your reply! I just needed a little direction and I am, well, spent.
Ever just have those times where motherhood leads you in lots of prayer and in the strong arms of Jesus?
A very good place to be. I do look forward to a few good sleeps to reset though. thank you.
in {heart} 17 years
yarngirl 14- CTC w/extensions, MUS, DITHOR
legoboy 11 - Bigger w/extensions, MUS, DITHOR
tractorboy 5 - LHTH 1/2 speed
camobaby 3 - tractorboy's shadow

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Actually, we ended up not squeezing the air out. And we saw a great cloud. I thought the same thing. Either way, it should work well. We had a lot of fun with it. We left it up for 7 days and took it down when we put the oily paper on the window (the book didn't say to do that, we just did it.) I wanted the kids to compare how light could come through that paper versus regular paper. But then it took my kids an eighth of a bottle of Windex and a half a roll of paper towels to clean it up! Good times, good times :-)
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:13 pm

We just did this experiment too and enjoyed the clouds for multiple days! :D I did try to help squeeze out the air, but I think some still remains unless you use a vacuum pack type method, or unless you are more of a super mom at squeezing out air than I am, which is entirely possible... actually probable. :wink: Either way, it should work! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie