Help! Books are in our household goods...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Heidi in AK

Help! Books are in our household goods...

Post by Heidi in AK » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:16 am

Some of you may remember us, we were on the boards a couple of years ago.

We are now in South Carolina, not Alaska, and just moved. Our HOD books are in our household goods, and we're not sure where they are. When you travel with the military, you get what you get.

I had all of our stuff packed because we were flying, going to Grandma's for Christmas, etc. Now our stuff is 2 weeks late and we have no ETA.

We have been doing a devotional every day, along with Brain Quest workbooks and Kindle reading. Now we found the library, too. I'm really becoming quite bored and an missing HOD. We already took some of November and most of December off due to transition. South Carolina requires you to do 180 days a year.

I'm just feeling a bit lost. Please, please pray our stuff comes in soon. James 5:16!!!
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

tobiasmom

Re: Help! Books are in our household goods...

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:11 am

I feel your pain! We are set for a PCS in a few months... and I think I might be bringing our books with us instead of packing them... just in case! Hopefully your stuff will arrive soon :)
Tobias (6.5): Beyond
Lincoln(1.5): getting into everything!

4Hispraise

Post by 4Hispraise » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:27 am

Oh, Lord Jesus, I thank You for this precious homeschooling mama. I thank You for her desire to train her children in the way they should go and for her desire to put You first. Lord, I pray Your peace reigns in her heart as she waits for her books to come. I pray that You who see and know exactly where those books are would quickly restore them to her. I pray for this time that she has with her kids without the curriculum, that You will be the focus and You will draw them closer to one another and closer to You. Thank You that even in the midst of this You are present and You are upholding her. In Jesus Name I humbly present these requests to You. Amen.

Will be praying the Lord delivers ALL of your things!
Shelly- bride of 22 yrs. to My Hero
Mom to 2 treasures on earth, and 2 treasures in Heaven
DS - 16
DS - 7 Bigger Hearts For His Glory

bethelmommy

Post by bethelmommy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:31 am

Praying that your things arrive soon and for peace and creativity in making due in the meantime...
Grace and peace,
Alicia
DS 14 MTMM, DITHOR 6/7/8
DD 13 Rev2Rev, DITHOR 4/5
DS 10 Bigger, DITHOR 2/3
DD 8 Beyond, Level 2 Book Pack
(Previously completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR, Rev2Rev, and DITHOR 2/3, 4/5)

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:57 am

Thank you, everybody! We have no update so far. Hubby is home entertaining the kids. That's always nice too. :D
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:29 pm

I too am praying your stuff will come soon, and that at bare minimum you can get some answers soon!

As for the 180 days don't fret. Does SC require you to turn in records? If so you are only there a partial year anyway. Everything you are doing with reading devotional, any Bible study you do, any reading you do with her, still counts. No it doesn't progress you in your guide, but it counts toward state requirements. Just keep track. P.E. time, home ec (yes cleaning their rooms and doing dishes is school), etc etc, the categories are numerous. If SC has a core subject hours requirement then of course you need to keep track of it.

But I imagine it is so frustrating to not get your stuff when you want and need it. Hang in there!
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven