New Year, New Guide, starting RTR....

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
moedertje

New Year, New Guide, starting RTR....

Post by moedertje » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:48 am

on Monday!
So excited, I love the notebooking pages, ds is putting them in sheet protectors. :D I am enjoying looking through all the books for history, science and story time.

He's a bit nervous about having to do more writing as he is a reluctant writer. :oops: Physical handwriting is not his forte, but we will work through it! :P

Blessed time to all of you who are starting back up on Monday after Christmas break, Let's make 2014 a year of thrusting our kiddo's forward mostly in the love of the Lord, to cherish and love the Lord first! I am so thankful to have found HOD and that Carrie has the Word of God woven through her curriculum! :D
Thanks all of you who assist in writing the curriculum for HOD, especially Julie! :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

Samuel'sMommy

Re: New Year, New Guide, starting RTR....

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Good luck on starting your new guide!

We are starting Beyond on Monday after taking a couple of years away from HOD. I'm so excited to be coming back!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:38 pm

Sandra - it is sooooooo good to hear from you! :D Guess what? In about a week or so, Riley and I will be starting RTR (but half-speed)! How fun we will be on the same guide, though Riley and I will be moving through it more slowly. :D Thank you for your kind words too.

Stephanie - I'm glad we will be going through Beyond together with our little guys too!

New years bring new energy and fresh focus. I am so thankful for the Christmas break to reenergize and get ready for our final stretch... the finish line is in sight, and I am feeling like this year has been a blessing as far as homeschooling, and a reminder to me that each and every day is precious and to be lived to its fullest.

God bless you this 2014, ladies!
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Dorla

Post by Dorla » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Yes! It feels good to come back! This is my second time coming back :shock: ...and if it is God's will we will stay with HOD until the end of high school.
RTR on Monday!

Mommamo

Post by Mommamo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:06 pm

We're coming back too after about a year's break! We're using Beyond and finishing where we left off in Preparing so we can start CTC some time this spring.
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Dorla - here's a big cyber HOD hug, since I can't give you one in person like I sometimes get to do when I catch you at the book fairs! :D How is Samuel? A strapping young boy I am sure. So glad to see ya back here - missed ya! :D :D :D

Welcome back Mommamo! I'm glad you are here too! We are just on the tail end of CTC and what a great time we have had together in it. He took some time to grow into it, and we took about 1 1/2 years to go through it. The growth I've seen in my ds has truly been worth celebrating. :D :D :D I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

Dorla

Post by Dorla » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Julie!
Hugging you right back! This is home!!!
Our first day was awesome!
Hope to see you at the Book Fair again,
Dorla

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Special greetings to you Julie and glad to run on RTR together! It has been a long time for me... Time started flying and things got really busy :o

First day in RTR was great :P

The Christmas break did wonders for both of us, we were ready to plunge into the nice new guide. Ds was glad that he had a nice new guide :P , we'll see in a few weeks :oops:

What I liked best was the IEW Medieval Writing! I like the step by step break down! Ds and I had fun coming up with symbols.... :D :D

Blessings to all who had a new start today or who are soon to start school up again.

P.s. Bigger and Beyond went very smooth as well. We are in Unit 27 and Unit 22

Blessings,
Sandra
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:11 pm

:D :D :D You ladies always brighten my day!!! Pure sunshine (and it's 50 below wind chill factor here right now - so, an extra thanks! :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie