Spanish

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mom2Monkeys

Spanish

Post by Mom2Monkeys » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:07 am

I really like the beginning Spanish planned in the geography guide. I'm curious what is added to it to make it a half credit? I read the site and the author there states it's equal to 1/3 credit. I'm assuming that's without the audio and such, and just the book only? Trying to decide what to do about Spanish since we need to cover more than two years, as we live in Texas where my oldest wants to go into physical therapy as a career. Spanish will be super handy here!

Next, what programs are being considered to follow up after this level?
~~Tamara~~
Enjoying HOD since 2008

DD15 long-time HODie finding her own new path
DS12 PHFHG {dysgraphia, APD, SID}
DS9 PHFHG
DS6 LHFHG
DD new nursling

my3sons

Re: Spanish

Post by my3sons » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Mom2Monkeys wrote:... I'm assuming that's without the audio and such, and just the book only? ...
Yes, you are right, Tamara! :D The extra practice with the audio each day makes the difference. Wyatt does this about 10 minutes a day, and rotates between doing the audio online and reviewing index cards we made. Not sure what is planned next for Spanish, but Carrie should be coming out with sneak peeks on that soon! :D :D :D Hope you are doing well!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie