geography guide users from Pennsylvania

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
learning6

geography guide users from Pennsylvania

Post by learning6 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:19 am

Hello I am planning for high school next year. It will be my first year of homeschooling high school. I live in PA, which has some of the strictest homeschool laws. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has used the geography guide that lives in PA and how that has worked for them. I love HOD and how it is put together. It is my first choice to stay with HOD to the very end of the homeschooling journey. I just wondered how it might be working for others that are trudging through it right now.
Thanks,
Amy

psreit

Re: geography guide users from Pennsylvania

Post by psreit » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:24 am

Maybe there will be someone from PA who is using the guide, but I will comment, even though we are not using it. I am from PA. I basically know the PA homeschool laws. I graduated three using those laws. I'm not sure what your concern is about using the Geography guide. There should be no problem using it in PA. If it has to do with credits, there would be no problem receiving credits for the work in HOD. There are specifics, depending what kind of diploma you want your child to earn, otherwise I can safely say there would be no problem for you to continue in HOD. If this doesn't ease your concerns, could you be more specific about your concerns? Maybe I could help a little more.
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

Daisy

Re: geography guide users from Pennsylvania

Post by Daisy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:54 pm

I think the amazing course descriptions at the beginning of the TM (you can see them online) would satisfy even the toughest homeschool laws.
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)