Storytime Oral Narrations CtC

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
blessedmama

Storytime Oral Narrations CtC

Post by blessedmama » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:08 pm

In the Creation to Christ guide, Story Time box- I was wondering if your child had to orally narrate for a full 3 minutes or just not more than 3 minutes. I have been doing a full 3 minutes but I am wondering if this is wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Saved by Grace,
Sara D.

Wife of DH for 13 years! Mother to my four wonderful blessings from the Lord (DD 11; DS 10; DS 9; DD 7)

blessedmama

Re: Storytime Oral Narrations CtC

Post by blessedmama » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:59 am

bump
Saved by Grace,
Sara D.

Wife of DH for 13 years! Mother to my four wonderful blessings from the Lord (DD 11; DS 10; DS 9; DD 7)

blessedmama

Post by blessedmama » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:09 pm

bump
Saved by Grace,
Sara D.

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:51 pm

When I did CTC with Wyatt, I set the timer for an amount of time between 3 and 5 minutes, and when it rang, he was done. :D I could read a paragraph in the middle, and he could start from that and be detailed enough to narrate that long. However, Wyatt was naturally a more detailed oral narrator than Riley, so for Riley, his goal was to try to do at least 3 minutes or more. He stretched out now and then and has done better with details the last half of CTC, but just doing 3 minutes was a stretch for him for awhile. I usually had to choose a paragraph near the beginning of the reading for me to read as a starting place for Riley. :D For others who don't own the CTC guide, here is what the plans say...

After the reading, students will give a detailed oral narration. Select one paragraph from the story to read out loud to the students. This will be the starting point for the narration. Set a timer for 3-5 minutes. When the timer rings the narration is over, even if it isn’t complete. A detailed, descriptive narration is the goal. See Narration Tips in the Appendix as needed.

HTH!
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie