Next High School Guide

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
SouthernMrs

Next High School Guide

Post by SouthernMrs » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi All, I've been terrible about checking the message board this year. We are busy, busy, busy with the new World Geography guide and I was just wondering if any hints have been released about the next high school guide yet. Just scrolling through the board topics, I haven't seen anything, but I did want to check in, in case I missed it.
Thanks so much!
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
World History (11th gr. dd)
HOD Users since 2007

homeforhim

Re: Next High School Guide

Post by homeforhim » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:04 am

Just bumping this as I am interested in this as well! :D

Blessings,

Rachael
DS 15 M2MM
DS 12 M2MM
Enjoyed Preparing, CTC, Res2Ref, & Rev2Rev

countrymom

Post by countrymom » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:19 pm

You haven't missed anything here. I don't know about facebook since I am not on it. Usually the "sneak peaks" don't come out until after the holidays around January or February. I know it is hard to wait, I am anxious too and we have years until high school :D
Countrymom
Wife to J
Big J - LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, Rev to Rev, Modern Missions, beginning parts of World Geography
Little J - LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, working in CTC

SouthernMrs

Post by SouthernMrs » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Thanks so much! I'll check back after the holidays.
Take care,
Charlene
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
HOD Users since 2007

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Wouldn't that make a lovely Christmas present. Hint. Hint. LOL.

Seriously though I can't wait to hear how they care going to tackle Biology. I'm probably going to use the World Geography guide next year because my daughter is doing World History this year, but we'll definitely need the guide for the right side subjects. :)
Wife of 18 years to Jon.
DragonFly (12yo)
Buttercup (14yo)

Prairiegirl40

Post by Prairiegirl40 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 am

It looks like Dec 15 was the date sneak peeks began last year for Geography. We might be getting close! :D

Sneak Peeks: New World Geography Guide
1234by Carrie » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:05 pm

tollhousemom

Post by tollhousemom » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:43 am

I have no personal knowledge, but am wondering based on comments in other posts about Carrie & Julie's dad being very ill, likely entering the hospice stage, if there could be a delay in sneak peeks for the next guide. I'd love to see sneak peeks too, but also know this might be a difficult year for their family.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:27 am

Ladies,

I'm so glad to see that you are excited about the new guide. We are hard at work on it, and the book selections are finally falling into place one by one! :D It is always interesting to me to see the combination of resources that ultimately end up in the guide. Often there are surprising changes that crop up as I go through the materials and map everything out. :D

We will likely try to begin the sneak peeks sometime in January. It is true that my Dad is currently in hospice for pancreatic cancer, so we'll be trusting The Lord to take us through what is ahead. Dad seems to be in a holding pattern right now, and Mom is still able to care for him at home (for which we are thanking our Father in heaven daily). We have planned a reduced convention schedule, not knowing what is ahead. This will also hopefully give me more time to spend on the guide. We would be so grateful if you think to uplift us in prayer as we travel this path. I pray The Lord will be near to each of you as well, as I know so many families are touched with health needs this Christmas season.

Blessings,
Carrie

Nealewill

Post by Nealewill » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:38 am

Carrie,

I would be happy to pray for your family. A good friend of mine is in a similar situation as you are right now. Pray that God give you time with your dad, peace as you walk this journey and comfort when you need it. Pray for you, your immediate family, your siblings and especially your mom.

Daneale
Daneale

DD 13 WG
DS 12 R2R
DD 10 R2R

Enjoyed DITHOR, Little Hearts, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, R2R, RevtoRev, MtMM

momtofive

Post by momtofive » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:15 am

Carrie, please know that we are praying for your family! :wink: (((hugs))) I recently went through this with my mom, who had a very tough battle with breast cancer. I know what you're going through, and will be praying for the strength, comfort and guidance that only God can give! "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." -Phil. 4:13
Lisa ~ Gal. 2:20, Prov. 3:5-6
Mom to five great blessings :)
Ds23 - Graduated from HOD!
Ds21 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd19 - Graduated from HOD!
Dd17 - US History 2
Dd16 - World History

Loving HOD since 2010!

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:14 am

Carrie & Julie, I am praying for you and your family!
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

SouthernMrs

Post by SouthernMrs » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:15 am

Hi Carrie,
Thank you for checking in with us about this. I went through the pancreatic cancer with my mom years ago and please know that I'll be praying as well for you and your family.
Hugs....
Charlene

Rev2Rev (8th gr. ds)
HOD Users since 2007

Prairiegirl40

Post by Prairiegirl40 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Carrie and Julie, I will be praying for your family.

mommyofmany

Post by mommyofmany » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Carrie,

I am keeping you, Julie, and your family in my prayers! I lost my dad last year to a heart attack very unexpectedly. I pray you will be able to have some sweet times and memories ahead to cherish of your dad before his passing. God be with you all!!
Blessings,
Emily

Mama to:
Michael 25 College Grad!
Abbey 22 College Grad!
Cole 15
Matthew 14 (Down syndrome & Autism)
Anna 11 (Autism)
Josie 9
Katie 7

psreit

Post by psreit » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Carrie,

I will be praying for your dad and the rest of the family.

Pam
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)