Thankful for HOD

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
John'smom

Thankful for HOD

Post by John'smom » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Not sure that I am going to make it on tomorrow, so I wanted to go ahead and leave this today. Our family is so thankful for the Austins, Julie, and the HOD curriculum. This is our fourth year using HOD and it has totally changed our homeschool life. Love that there is no more planning, just enjoying, and Carrie plans everything better than I ever could anyway. I know it is a HUGE sacrifice of time among other things to do what you all do and just want you to know that I am grateful. As my dh has said, HOD really isn't just a business, but a ministry. Thanks for ministering to our family. Praying for you all.
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

raindrops

Re: Thankful for HOD

Post by raindrops » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Yes, yes, yes! Thank you HOD, all involved.

I read a book titled "Doing business God's way" a few years ago and Heart of Dakota kept coming to mind. You said it, they truly ARE a ministry first, a business second. They do things the Kingdom Way.
9 yr old boy in Preparing
6 yr old girl loving all things LHFHG

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Oh, ladies! Thanks so much for sharing! We are so grateful for all of you! We feel blessed to share this homeschool journey with you and your families. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks so much - this truly made my day today! We have enjoyed getting to know you and your family, Edwena, and this is truly a compliment as I highly value and respect your opinion. God bless!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:14 pm

raindrops wrote:Yes, yes, yes! Thank you HOD, all involved.

I read a book titled "Doing business God's way" a few years ago and Heart of Dakota kept coming to mind. You said it, they truly ARE a ministry first, a business second. They do things the Kingdom Way.
What a thoughtful post! We do try to do business God's way. Mike, Carrie's husband, is an amazing leader in so many ways, but my favorite is his heart for leading HOD in a humble, God-honoring, giving, patient, loving way. Carrie shares this mindset, and that together creates the means to 'doing business God's way' - as you wisely said. Thank you so much for your kind words here, raindrops!!!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie