R&S Grammar Placement ?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
gregswife03

R&S Grammar Placement ?

Post by gregswife03 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:23 am

We are gearing up to start M to MM in January, and I'm wondering where in the Rod and Staff grammar program to put my 7th grade daughter. She has completed the Easy Grammar program, has memorized all of the parts of speech and verb principal parts through Classical Conversations, and is very strong in language arts. However, we have not ever addressed diagramming sentences. From looking at your catalog, it appears that English 5 would be the right place to start, but I wanted to verify before purchasing.
Thanks in advance for any guidance!
Katie in Indiana

my3sons

Re: R&S Grammar Placement ?

Post by my3sons » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:17 pm

I agree with your placement of dd in R & S English 5. That is an integral year and I'd not start dd higher than 5 if she hasn't done much diagramming. HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

HappyMama

Post by HappyMama » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:36 am

Yes, English 5! :)

mamamag5

Post by mamamag5 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:34 am

Hi Katie,

My daughter had one year of CC Essentials and knew all her grammar memory work from Foundations and I put her in R&S 4. She did very well. My older daughter had two years of CC Essentials plus Foundations memory work and I put her in R&S 6. It has been slow going and some areas have been difficult. I wish I had started her in R&S 5. I think you cant go wrong starting in book 5. If it proves to be difficult I wouldn't hesitate to drop down to book 4. I reaaly like R&S English. It is very thorough and easy to implement. I wish you many blessings on your journey.

Shirley in CO