HELP! I am so confused at what to order.

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
holley2930

HELP! I am so confused at what to order.

Post by holley2930 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:05 pm

I placed my son, he's almost five and looks like Little hearts for His Glory seems to fit him best. I keep looking at the page of what to order, but I can't seem to understand it. I don't know what is needed or how much the whole curriculum could cost, as I need to plan for budget. My son does do his own reading, that is working great for him. But we need something more structured and put together already for us right with every other subject now. If anyone can please, please tell me what to order and what all "extra's" I need to go with it and estimate cost so I can get this going asap. I was just introduced to this curriculum and I'm loving what I see about it, so I'm very excited and hope this works for our family. Thank you all who answer for your time and help. I feel SOOOO LOST and overwhelmed in the homeschooling thing. So I'll take all the help I can. Thank you, thank you!!!!!! God Bless.

I know someone else asked this, but I still couldn't understand after reading post. I'm a very visual learner and this is the first website ordering system I've had problems understanding for some reason, so forgive me if I just sound silly. Thank you.

amysconfections

Re: HELP! I am so confused at what to order.

Post by amysconfections » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:31 pm

You need to add the economy package for K, basic package for k, then add your Bible and handwriting. Should add up to $159. You can pm me your email address if you still don't understand and I will send you a screen shot with what you need to order. Also read to make sure the math workbooks are included in the basic package.
Amy
T-18 Masters degree Cyber Security WGU
T-16 Bachelors in Cyber Security WGU
A-12 Res to Ref
A-10 Res to Ref
Heart of Dakota user since 2007.

holley2930

Post by holley2930 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Ok, yeah I didn't understand if I needed both packages. Thank you so much!!!!!

holley2930

Post by holley2930 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:42 pm

looks like Math comes with the Basic. So I will order both packages, a bible, and then handwriting. That's it right? Sorry, I just really don't want to mess up lol. Can you tell I'm nervous ha. :D

amysconfections

Post by amysconfections » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Yep, that's it. For some reason it feels complicated and once it clicks you understand their method of ordering completely.
Amy
T-18 Masters degree Cyber Security WGU
T-16 Bachelors in Cyber Security WGU
A-12 Res to Ref
A-10 Res to Ref
Heart of Dakota user since 2007.

mommyofmany

Post by mommyofmany » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:06 am

I was confused the first time I ordered too. What really helped me was reading through the print catalog to better understand what each "package" was for. Basically it allows you the ability to customize all your subject options - so that you're not forced to buy something you don't need for your child. Hope that helps!
Blessings,
Emily

Mama to:
Michael 25 College Grad!
Abbey 22 College Grad!
Cole 15
Matthew 14 (Down syndrome & Autism)
Anna 11 (Autism)
Josie 9
Katie 7