Page Protector/ Guide Idea

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mommyofmany

Page Protector/ Guide Idea

Post by mommyofmany » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:12 pm

I know some of you unbind your guides and put them in a binder with protectors. I was nearly breaking out in hives at the thought of cutting my guide- but another idea popped into my head that I thought I'd share. I cut the hole-punched side off of some page protectors and slid a weeks worth of protectors over the pages while they are still intact in the guide. The top is open but they stay in place just fine for me. Maybe they even make some that are closed on the top and bottom and only open on one side edge, idk. I just used what I had handy in our notebooking binder. :D Since we are using Bigger this year, I don't really feel like my little guy needs to have his own copy of the guide to check off- but maybe when we are in Preparing next year or CTC the year after that I'll go that route. I love keeping my pages clean but I really need to have that visual accomplishment of checking off the boxes with a big fat "X" in dry erase marker. Up until this point, I've been making a whole separate schedule every week so that I can check things off (I know, I'm goofy!!). Hope this helps someone who is a "box-checker" like me!
Blessings,
Emily

Mama to:
Michael 25 College Grad!
Abbey 22 College Grad!
Cole 15
Matthew 14 (Down syndrome & Autism)
Anna 11 (Autism)
Josie 9
Katie 7

TrueGRIT

Re: Page Protector/ Guide Idea

Post by TrueGRIT » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:26 am

GREAT idea for those moms who are sharing with children so they can do independent and semi-independent work!
I have been doing that for awhile now with my oldest. Haven't found it to make a difference with the younger guides.
Mikki
Ds 12- tutoring
Ds 9- Preparing
Dd 7 - Beyond and ER's
Ds 2- LHTH (sort of)