English credit for MTMM

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Allison TX

English credit for MTMM

Post by Allison TX » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Would the English in MTMM be considered high school credit worthy as is for 9th grade?
So it would be:
Rod & Staff English 6
WWTB 2
DITHOR 6/7/8 with hs appropriate books

If not, what would I need to do to make it credit worthy?
I am thinking ahead and planning a sequence for my daughter. Thanks!

my3sons

Re: English credit for MTMM

Post by my3sons » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Yes - WWTB 2 is high school credit worthy. R & S English 6 is fine, as is DITHOR 6/7/8 as an Intro to Lit course with appropriate titles. :D :D :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Allison TX

Post by Allison TX » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Thanks, Julie. :D

jenn in nc

Post by jenn in nc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:57 pm

Julie - Would the books in the level 7/8 boy interest package be considered "appropriate titles" or should I consider replacing those? We purchased that set because the reading level is right for my 9th grader but this thread makes me wonder if I should have used different books. Would love to hear your thoughts! ~Jenn
Jenn, mom to 10

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Jenn,

If the 7/8 set is most appropriate for your son's reading level than I would stay with that this year. This will be a great stepping stone to the harder level of literature in the World Geography Guide that your son will be doing for 10th grade. :D Plus, MTMM is a full guide, meaning we don't want to overwhelm a student. So, keeping in mind where a student is at in the 3R's is very important! :D The plan you've outlined will give him a solid foundation in language arts and allow him to transition smoothly into the World Geography Guide the following year.

Blessings,
Carrie

jenn in nc

Post by jenn in nc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Carrie wrote:MTMM is a full guide, meaning we don't want to overwhelm a student.
Carrie,

That is exactly what I was concerned about. Thank you for answering my question! We'll just keep doing what we're doing, then. Everything in the program is right on target for him this year and I would hate to change anything at this point.

We're definitely looking forward to the World Geo. Guide next year and it is really good to know that what he is doing in MTMM now will prepare him for that later.

Thanks again!

Warmly,
Jenn
Jenn, mom to 10

deltagal

Post by deltagal » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Ahhh such a great thread. Jenn, your son and my student are on the same plan!!
With Joy!
Florence

My blog: http://florencebrooks.com/

Began HOD 1/2009
Currently using: Bigger, RTR, Rev to Rev and MTMM

jenn in nc

Post by jenn in nc » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:35 pm

deltagal wrote:Ahhh such a great thread. Jenn, your son and my student are on the same plan!!
Yes it was very helpful to me! As far as using MTMM for high school, I was a little unsure about doing it that way at first, but it really is such a full and rich program; I have no regrets. My son is learning so much both in terms of skills and content. We love it!

Jenn
Jenn, mom to 10